A. Edward McGinty has extensive experience in structuring complex commercial, healthcare and real estate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, ownership control and succession, management, development, financing, and a variety of internal and external contractual arrangements. His practice also focuses on domestic and international structures for business, wealth development and preservation, and estate planning for entrepreneurs, including tax and asset protection planning, involving domestic and international corporations, LLCs, limited partnerships and trusts. He is frequently involved in a variety of transactions to satisfy tax and financing objectives.
Ed has served as legal counsel to public authorities and has considerable lobbying experience in connection with tax, financing, land use, sports facilities and other matters before Congressional and Florida legislative committees.
Ed is a member of the Shumaker corporate, tax, trust and estates, and real estate departments.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Affiliations
· The Florida Bar, past Executive Council, Tax Section
· Hillsborough County Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Society of Financial Service Professionals, Tampa Bay Chapter, President
· University Club
· Downtown Partnership, former Board Member
· OASIS, former Board Member
· Real Estate