|University ||Ursinus College, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, B.A., English, 1992|
|Law School||Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, J.D., cum laude, 1995|
|Admitted||1995, Pennsylvania; U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit|
Associations & Memberships
• American Bar Association
• Bar Association of Lehigh County, Workers' Compensation Committee
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
Judd is a shareholder in the Workers' Compensation Department. He also concentrates his practice in defending federal black lung claims on behalf of coal companies and insurance carriers.
Judd has represented school districts and intermediate units in Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Schuylkill, Monroe and Carbon counties; a large construction/road paving business; nursing homes and assisted living facilities; a large electronics and home entertainment retailer; a large supermarket chain; a large dairy processing company; a large truck tire service; a large dollar store retailer and numerous coal mine operations throughout the eastern part of Pennsylvania.
Judd is a 1992 graduate of Ursinus College in Collegeville, Pennsylvania. He received his juris doctor in 1995 from Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware, graduating cum laude. He is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
• Workers' Compensation: What's the Best Case, The Seltzer Group Workers' Compensation Seminar, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, December 6, 2012
• How To Control Your Claim, The Seltzer Group Workers' Compensation Seminar, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, December 7, 2011
• Workers' Compensation Hearings: Techniques & Strategies for Success, National Business Institute, Allentown, Pennsylvania, October 22, 2008
• Advanced Workers' Compensation in Pennsylvania, National Business Institute, Allentown, Pennsylvania, 2003, 2004 (speaker and course planner)
• Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Law Seminar, Top 20 Cases of 2001 & 2002, Professional Education Systems Institute, Pittsburgh, 2002
• Workers' Compensation Update Lecture, Institute of Management Accountants, Lehigh Valley Chapter, Holiday Inn Bethlehem, 1998
Year Joined Organization: 1997
|Reported Cases||Significant Representative Matters: Defeated a claim where the claimant was alleging that his degenerative disc disease in his cervical and lumbar spine was caused by his years of employment as a lineman for a cable services company; Prevailed in several cases for a meat packing company by proving that the claimants' alleged repetitive stress injuries to the upper extremities (shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel, etc.) were not caused by their employment; Successfully defended numerous federal black lung claims filed by miners, even when the miner was able to prove an extensive coal mine employment history and significant exposure to coal dust, and widows' claims when the miners had been awarded lifetime benefits, but the widows were unable to prove that coal workers' pneumoconiosis caused or significantly contributed to the miners' death; Successfully defended a claim in which claimant was seriously injured in an automobile accident on her way to work by convincing the judge and Appeal Board that the facts of the case did not meet the criteria for exclusion from the coming and going rule; Successfully defended multiple claims where claimant was working under restrictions but was fired by the employer. Successfully argued to several Workers' Compensation Judges that the claimant was fired for cause and for reasons unrelated to the work injury and that benefits should not be awarded or reinstated.|
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#63 in weekly profile views out of 665 lawyers in Allentown, Pennsylvania|
|#129,265 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|