- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Non-Competes and Protection Against Unfair Competition
- General Employment Litigation
|University ||University of Texas at El Paso, B.B.A., with honors, 1980|
|Law School||University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1983|
|Admitted||1984, Texas and New York; 1985, U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern District of New York; 1987, Connecticut and U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut; 1989, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; 1994, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York; 1995, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit; 2003, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; 2005, U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit; 2012, U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western District of Texas; 2013, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas|
Rob Fischer is a Shareholder in the Austin, Texas offices of Jackson Lewis P.C. Mr. Fischer is a 1983 graduate of The University of Texas School of Law. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America and in the Chambers USA Guide to America's Best Lawyers for Business, and has the highest (AV) Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. Mr. Fischer served for more than a decade as the national co-chair of Jackson Lewis' Non-Competes and Protection Against Unfair Competition Practice Group.
Mr. Fischer has litigated cases around the country in state, federal, bankruptcy and appellate courts, and before arbitration tribunals.
His experience with non-compete litigation includes handling cases in fourteen states, including the representation of employers in the enforcement of non-competes with virtually world-wide scope in a number of cases.
Mr. Fischer's work for hedge funds and other financial services firms includes defending against portfolio managers' claims for equity and bonuses, litigating non-compete and other post-employment restrictions, and drafting a variety of employment and compensation agreements.
Honors, Awards and Pro Bono Activity
· AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell (multiple years including current)
· Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (multiple years including current)
· Listed in Chambers USA Guide to Americas Best Lawyers for Business (multiple years including current)
· Listed in Texas SuperLawyers
· ZACH Theatre, General Counsel and Member of Board of Trustees
· Special Master, U.S. District Court (for employment law cases)
· U.S. Army Security Agency, 1975-1978
Bar & Professional Association Memberships
Texas State Bar
Austin Bar Association
Association for Corporate Growth
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#605 in weekly profile views out of 10,285 lawyers in Austin, Texas|
|#133,092 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|