Aaron T. Slavens is a shareholder in the Corporate & Securities practice group of Greenberg Traurig's Miami office. Aaron represents both public and private companies, including private equity funds and strategic investors, in a broad mergers and acquisitions practice, including public and private acquisitions, dispositions, co-investments, joint ventures and other general corporate matters.
Areas of Concentration
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Private Equity
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Miami Finance Forum
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study" by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Represented Generation Partners in their investment in the Captivate Network, which was spun out into a separate company co-owned with Gannett. The Captivate Network is an IP-enabled digital place-based media network with over 10,000 screens across more than 1,000 commercial office buildings in the U.S. and Canada.
· Represented MasTec North America Inc. in its $103 million acquisition of Big Country Energy, a U.S. and Canadian business specializing in the construction and maintenance of oil and gas pipelines and related facilities.
· Represented the owners of North Star Seafood, a leading distributor of premium fresh and frozen seafood products, in their sale to Trivest Partners.
· Represented Ideiasnet, a Brazilian venture capital firm, in its sale of Bolsa de Mulher, a leading women's internet group in Brazil to Batanga Media, one of the largest independent digital content and social media companies in Latin America and Hispanic communities around the world.
· Represented Miami Research Associates, a multi-therapeutic provider of clinical research services for drug development, to QPS, LLC, a worldwide provider of preclinical and clinical research services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
· Represented MasTec North America, Inc. in its acquisition of Bottom Line Services, LLC, a company specializing in oil and gas pipeline and plant construction, from Howard Energy Partners.
· Represented Pine Tree Equity II, LP in its acquisition of Jewelry Repair Enterprises, Inc., the leading national franchisor of jewelry and watch repair centers.
· Represented Fortissimo Capital, an Israeli private equity firm, in its sale of Advanced Answers on Demand Holdings, a company providing integrated software and technology solutions for healthcare providers to Primus Capital.
· Represented Pine Tree Equity I, LP in its sale of its portfolio company, Celtic Capital Corporation, an asset-based lending business, to Pacific Western Bank.
· Represented Generation Capital Partners ReCept, LP and its affiliates in its acquisition of a majority of the equity interests in ReCept Holdings, Inc., a provider of specialty pharmacy services.
· Represented Rupari Food Services, Inc., a leading supplier of pre-cooked, ready-to-eat pork ribs and other barbecue products, in its sale to Wind Point Partners.
· Represented Sabra Interactive, Inc., a co-founder of 1st Merchant Funding, a leading provider of merchant cash advances to small and medium-sized businesses, in the redemption of 1st Merchant's other co-founder.
· Represented MasTec North America, Inc. in its acquisition of Halsted Communications, Ltd. an install-to-the-home contractor operating primarily in portions of New York, Pennsylvania and New England.
· Represented Irving Place Capital in the acquisition of Alpha Packaging Holdings, Inc., a leading blow molder of plastic bottles and jars for the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and personal care markets. Additionally, represented Alpha Packaging in a related add-on acquisition of Progressive Plastics.°
· Represented Eli Lilly and Company in the acquisition of Alnara Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately held biotechnology company developing protein therapeutics for the treatment of metabolic diseases.°
· Represented GTCR in the $828 million acquisition of Protection One, Inc., a market-leading provider of electronic security services, through a tender offer and subsequent merger.°
· Represented Liberty Global Inc., the leading international cable operator, in the $4 billion sale of its stake in Japanese cable TV operator Jupiter Telecommunications Co. Ltd. to KDDI Corp., Japan's second largest wireless services provider.°
· Represented Unity Media S.C.A, which is owned by a consortium of private equity firms led by BC Partners and Apollo Global Management, in its $5.2 billion sale of Unitymedia GmbH, Germany's second largest cable operator to Liberty Global, Inc.°
· Represented BC Partners in the acquisition of ATI Holding Company, a for-profit provider of post-secondary education throughout the United States, from a consortium led by The Riverside Company.°
· Represented Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs as Financial Advisors to The Stanley Works in connection with its $4.5 billion merger with Black & Decker.°
· Represented Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. in the purchase of $300 million senior secured notes and 40 million warrants issued by Eastman Kodak Company.°
· Represented Hubbell Incorporated, an international electrical and electronic product manufacturer, in its $360 million acquisition of FCI Americas, Inc. from FCI S.A., a leading manufacturer of electronic connectors and portfolio company of Bain Capital LLC. Additionally, represented Hubbell in numerous other strategic acquisitions and dispositions related to the electrical and electronic product manufacturing industry.°
· Represented BC Partners in its $350 million convertible preferred stock investment in Office Depot, Inc.°
· Represented Goss International, a printing equipment supplier owned by a consortium led by MaitlinPatterson Global Opportunities Partners, in a sale of shares to Shanghai Electric (Group) Corporation, a Chinese utility and equipment manufacturing conglomerate.°
· Represented Mueller Water Products, Inc., a leader in the North American water infrastructure industry, in connection with its conversion of its outstanding shares of Series B Common Stock into shares of its Series A Common Stock.°
· Represented One Equity Partners in the acquisition of Precision Gear Holdings LLC, a leading supplier of machinery and equipment to wind power, aerospace, aviation, oil and mining industries, from First Atlantic Capital, Ltd.°
· Represented the independent directors of Doral Financial Corporation, the holding company of Doral Bank, in its leveraged recapitalization and sale of a 90% interest to a financial consortium led by Bear Stearns Merchant Bank.°
· Represented Energy Capital Partners in its $1.34 billion acquisition of Northeast Utilities' competitive generation assets in Connecticut and Massachusetts.°
· Represented a consortium including Cinven, Apax Partners and The Carlyle Group in the sale of MediMedia USA, Inc., a specialty healthcare communications, publishing and medical education company, to Vestar Capital Partners.°
· Represented AMC Entertainment Inc., the country's second largest movie theatre chain, in its merger with Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corporation, the country's third largest movie theatre chain. Also represented AMC Entertainment Inc. in its subsequent reorganization and recapitalization, including shareholder arrangements among J.P. Morgan Partners, Apollo Management, The Carlyle Group, Bain Capital Partners and Spectrum Equity Investors.°
° The above representations were handled by Mr. Slavens prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
· Associate, International law firm based in New York, New York, NY (October 2005 - March 2011)
· Legal Intern, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Senior Judge Norma L. Shapiro, Philadelphia, PA (June 2003 - July 2003)