A member of Husch Blackwell's Real Estate, Development & Construction industry team, Adam represents sellers, buyers, developers and equity investors in the acquisition (including multi-asset acquisitions), financing, development, leasing and sale of improved and unimproved real estate properties. He also represents corporate clients in the management of their real estate assets.
In addition, Adam advises financial institutions, borrowers and private investors in real estate loan and commercial transactions, including the sale and purchase of secured debt instruments, mezzanine lending, workouts, foreclosures and litigation. He has also represented secured and unsecured creditors in all types of bankruptcy cases and matters, including lift-stay litigation, assumption/rejection of leases, objections to exemptions, discharge actions, contesting reorganization plans and defense of preference/fraudulent transfer litigation.
Prior to joining Husch Blackwell, Adam was Managing Partner of Brown McCarroll.
Awards & Recognitions
· 2011 Leadership Austin Essential Class
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
· Meals on Wheels and More, Founders Award, 2008
Professional Associations & Memberships
· American Bankruptcy Institute
· American Bar Association
· Central Texas Chapter of Certified Commercial Investment Members (CCIM), Board of Directors
· Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Austin
· CoreNet Global, Austin Chapter, Treasurer
· Real Estate Council of Austin
· State Bar of Texas
· Texas General Counsel Forum, Austin/San Antonio Chapter, Board of Directors
· Urban Land Institute, Board of Directors
· Austin Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2010 to present; General Counsel, 2010-2011; Executive Committee, Vice Chair-Membership, 2012; Economic Development Council
· Greater San Marcos Partnership, Chairman's Circle Investor
· Meals on Wheels and More, Inc., Board of Directors, and Executive Committee; Volunteer
· Round Rock Chamber of Commerce, Momentum Investor
· Represented a national real estate firm in the acquisition, leasing, sale and development of commercial real estate properties in all asset classes.
· Represented a subsidiary of a $2 billion private equity capital group in providing mezzanine and related equity investments in developed and undeveloped real estate projects in several states.
· Represented an international S&P 500 semiconductor company in all aspects of its domestic real estate matters including leasing and disposition of office and manufacturing facilities and several multimillion-dollar sale-leaseback transactions.
· Represented an international commercial real estate services company in the leasing, management and sale of its real estate properties in Texas (both industrial and office, including the sale of two prominent office towers in downtown Austin, Texas).
· Represented a $10 billion financial institution in lending (including interest rate swap transactions), disposition of owned real estate, and foreclosure/bankruptcy matters.
· Represented the FDIC in the disposition of commercial assets owned by failed financial institutions, including real estate and secured debt instruments, and in related commercial litigation.
· Represented a healthcare district in the leasing and development of commercial real estate properties for hospital and related medical uses in connection with the creation of a medical school/teaching hospital campus.