Practice/Industry Group Overview
Adams and Reese attorneys bring a wealth of senior litigation experience in handling a variety of professional liability and errors and omissions claims in several industries and in both state and federal courts.
Our attorneys provide advice concerning loss prevention, provide representation regarding professional duties under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, claims of fraud, misrepresentation and conspiracy, disciplinary and regulatory proceedings and license reinstatement proceedings.
Across the south central United States, we have an attorney in each of our offices who focuses on professional liability and errors and omissions. Utilizing our substantial regional resources, our firm can staff each matter in a way that achieves the most efficient and successful resolution for our clients.
Our attorneys have appeared as special counsel in litigation for parties or their counsel of record regarding issues of disqualification, attorney-client privilege and attorney work product issues, and judicial recusal.
Core Practice and Clients
Aggressive and discreet representation is critical in professional liability cases, and we fully appreciate the seriousness of defending the reputations and practices of our professional clients. We also recognize that many cases are best resolved by settlement rather than trial.
Adams and Reese attorneys have experience representing lawyers, accountants, doctors, engineers, architects, insurance brokers, real estate professionals, securities/investment advisors and other professionals facing charges of malpractice, breaches of fiduciary duty, disciplinary violations or other misconduct. Our attorneys have experience in mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Adams and Reese attorneys have also provided in-house training for professional firms on various issues related to ethics.
Our attorneys advise lawyers, accountants, architects and other professionals as follows:
- Advice concerning loss prevention, both generally and concerning particular circumstances.
- Representation regarding professional duties under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Representation in claims of fraud, misrepresentation and conspiracy.
- Representation in disciplinary and regulatory proceedings.
- Representation in license reinstatement proceedings.
- Advice concerning conflicts of interest.
- Appearing as special counsel in litigation for parties or their counsel of record regarding issues of disqualification, attorney-client privilege and attorney work product issues, and judicial recusal.
- Providing expert witness services to counsel and parties involved in litigation concerning ethics and professional responsibility matters.
- Representation of businesses and individuals in creating business models to market products or services to lawyers and other professionals.
- Advising corporations and other organizations concerning issues involving their in-house counsel, including licensure and unauthorized practice of law issues.
- Representation of lawyers, law firms, judges, and judicial candidates concerning legal and campaign advertising issues.
- Assisting lawyers, law firms, and others with questions related to providing law related services and the establishment and operation of ancillary or law-related businesses.
Adams and Reese attorneys appreciate the difference between the legal and business landscapes and frequently works in both. We build a foundation of trust and communication that is important in all our relationships, but particularly crucial when a client is personally named in a suit. Contact us to discuss your liability issue, so that we can help you focus on business.