- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Life Sciences
- Healthcare Intellectual Property Protection and Commercialization
|University ||Brock University, B.Sc., Honours, 1998|
|Law School||University of Ottawa, LL.B., 2009|
Adrian Howard is a lawyer and an associate in the Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. He obtained a B.Sc. from Brock University (Honours) in 1998, an LLB from the University of Ottawa in 2009 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2010.
· Has appeared before the Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Superior Court and Ontario Small Claims Court.
· Has participated in patent infringement and impeachment actions, applications pursuant to the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, section 8 proceedings, and judicial reviews of decisions made by the Minister of Health and the Commissioner of Patents.
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Ontario Bar Association
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Registration for JACK BLACK allowed on appeal
Adrian J. Howard,Beverley Moore,Chantal Saunders,Ryan Steeves, July 25, 2014
The applicant for the registration of the trade-mark JACK BLACK has won before the Federal Court. The application is for wares relating to personal care and grooming products, including lotions and skin preparations, shaving gels and deodorants, among others. The mark was found to have been used...
Amendment Relating to Punitive Damages Allowed
Adrian J. Howard,Beverley Moore,Chantal Saunders,Ryan Steeves, July 21, 2014
Two appeals were consolidated in this decision in a trade-mark infringement action. The First Order struck reference to aggravated and punitive damages from the Statement of Claim, and the Second Order dismissed Bauer’s motion to amend the Statement of Claim to add again aggravated and...
|Profile Visibility |
|#75 in weekly profile views out of 3,292 lawyers in Ottawa, Ontario|
|#41,985 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|