- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Life Sciences
- Healthcare Intellectual Property Protection and Commercialization
|University ||Brock University, B.Sc., Honours, 1998|
|Law School||University of Ottawa, LL.B., 2009|
Adrian Howard is a lawyer and an associate in the Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. He obtained a B.Sc. from Brock University (Honours) in 1998, an LLB from the University of Ottawa in 2009 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2010.
· Has appeared before the Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Superior Court and Ontario Small Claims Court.
· Has participated in patent infringement and impeachment actions, applications pursuant to the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, section 8 proceedings, and judicial reviews of decisions made by the Minister of Health and the Commissioner of Patents.
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Ontario Bar Association
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Use of Trademarks in Metatags Found Not to be Copyright or Trademark Infringement
Adrian J. Howard,Beverley Moore,Chantal Saunders, March 24, 2015
The Plaintiff has three registered trademarks: “redtag.ca”, “redtag.ca vacations”, and “Shop. Compare. Payless!! Guaranteed”. The Defendant company was incorporated in 2008, and went online in 2009. The Court noted that the owner of the Plaintiff bought the...
Common Law Trademark Exempt to the Application of the Charter of the French Language
Adrian J. Howard,Beverley Moore,Chantal Saunders, March 13, 2015
A series of anglophone merchants in Quebec were charged with violating the Charter of the French Language. The charges included failing to respect the marked predominance of the French language on bilingual signs, not including French on signs at all, and providing goods and services over the...
|Profile Visibility |
|#61 in weekly profile views out of 3,308 lawyers in Ottawa, Ontario|
|#36,959 in weekly profile views out of 1,691,864 total lawyers Overall|