- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Life Sciences
- Healthcare Intellectual Property Protection and Commercialization
|University ||Brock University, B.Sc., Honours, 1998|
|Law School||University of Ottawa, LL.B., 2009|
Adrian Howard is a lawyer and an associate in the Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. He obtained a B.Sc. from Brock University (Honours) in 1998, an LLB from the University of Ottawa in 2009 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2010.
· Has appeared before the Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Superior Court and Ontario Small Claims Court.
· Has participated in patent infringement and impeachment actions, applications pursuant to the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, section 8 proceedings, and judicial reviews of decisions made by the Minister of Health and the Commissioner of Patents.
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Ontario Bar Association
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Appeal Decision Addresses the Promise Doctrine
Adrian J. Howard,Beverley Moore,Chantal Saunders, November 15, 2014
This decision relates to two appeals that were heard together and the reasons apply to both. The decision set out the parties’ positions and then noted the standard of review for the issues. In particular, patent construction is a question of law, which is assessed on a standard of...
|Profile Visibility |
|#189 in weekly profile views out of 3,182 lawyers in Ottawa, Ontario|
|#133,404 in weekly profile views out of 1,587,858 total lawyers Overall|