- Intellectual Property
- IP Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Media & Telecommunications
- Digital Media and E-Commerce
- Cloud Computing & Managed IT Services
- Marketing and Promotions
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Consumer Products & Retail
|Education||University of London, LL.B., Hons., with French Law 2:1; Universite d'Assas, Paris, Diplome de droit francais|
|Admitted||Hong Kong; Barrister|
Akash Sachdeva joined Edwards Wildman in 2011 as a Partner. He is a qualified barrister, having trained in the IP specialist Chambers of Christopher Floyd QC. He has over 13 years of experience in intellectual property litigation including acting for Research In Motion on patent litigation matters in the English High Court, acting for BSkyB in a case involving the importation of foreign decoder cards, acting for a major defense contractor in an arbitration involving confidential information and acting for a major Chinese telecoms company in proceedings in Hong Kong and China.
He also has had significant experience in international arbitration having acted in ICC, AAA and LCIA arbitration disputes.
Akash is recognised for intellectual property in the latest 2013 edition of Chambers Global.
• Acting for eBay in eBay v L'Oreal Trade mark litigation matter before the High Court of London
• Acting for a global chemical company in a commercial arbitration dispute involving a licensee in the Middle East
• Acting for a major online retailer advising on various European intellectual property issues arising out of services provided by the retailer to its customers
• Acting for and advising Research In Motion on various patent related matters within Europe
• Acting for a major aluminum recycling company in a patent litigation matter in England
• Advising major financial institutions on intellectual property issues arising out financial instruments
• Acting for a major Saudi company in an arbitration relating to the construction of a chemical plant in Saudi
• Advising a Middle East telecoms company on its global branding strategy
• Advising a well known electronics manufacturer on issues arising out of its advertising campaigns including intellectual property and regulatory matters
• Negotiating and drafting channel provision agreements for a major media company in the UK
• Negotiation of a Joint Venture agreement on behalf of a South African company to establish a private medical insurance company in the PRC
Before Edwards Wildman
After qualification, Akash was an in-house IP lawyer with the BBC in London. Immediately prior to joining Edwards Wildman, he spent over ten years in the IP litigation department of Allen & Overy LLP in their Hong Kong and London offices, where he was most recently of Counsel.
Besides Edwards Wildman
In his spare time, Akash likes to play golf, practice guitar and go to indie music concerts.
Banking & Financial Institutions
Retail Industry & Consumer Products
Cloud Computing & Managed IT Services
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Don’t Get Caught Offside -Ambush Marketing at the 2014 World Cup
Paolo Cerroni,Emma Kingston,Akash Sachdeva, June 17, 2014
After much preparation, anticipation and perspiration, the 2014 Football World Cup has finally kicked off. From now until the Final on 13 July, billions of people worldwide will have their attention dominated and consumed by scintillating displays of intense sporting rivalry, moments of individual...
Court of Justice Confirms that Browsing the Internet is Lawful
Ben Hitchens,Akash Sachdeva,Riecha Sharma, June 11, 2014
On 5 June 2014, following a request for a preliminary ruling from the Supreme Court of England and Wales, the Court of Justice of the European Union (“CJEU”) handed down its judgment in Case C-360/13, Public Relations Consultants Association Ltd v Newspaper Licensing Agency Limited and...
|Profile Visibility |
|#974 in weekly profile views out of 20,155 lawyers in London, England|
|#197,503 in weekly profile views out of 1,539,846 total lawyers Overall|