We have dealt with a wide variety of commercial and contractual arbitration disputes, including ICC arbitration, and have the depth of expertise and the breadth of experience to help resolve local, regional and national claims, where Akhtar Imam has acted as both counsel and arbitrator. We have advised on arbitration clauses, choice of forum, rules of arbitration, enforceability of awards, the role of national courts during arbitration proceedings, etc. Our experience also includes litigation for enforcing and setting aside arbitration awards, staying court proceedings initiated in breach of arbitration clauses and obtaining interim relief in support of pending arbitration proceedings.
Some representative work & reported decisions:
• Arbitration: contractual dispute between our client, a foreign company and
the Government of Bangladesh under the ICC Rules of Arbitration
• Arbitration: contractual dispute between our client, a leading business group
and RAJUK (Capital Development Authority) in connection to Jhilmil Project,
the largest residential project in the capital city.
• Arbitration: contractual dispute between a leading Developer and Business
• Arbitration: contractual dispute between Mongla Port Authority and a leading
business group involved in dredging
• Arbitration: management dispute leading to the acquisition of Sheba Telecom
by Egyptian telecom giant, Orascom Telecom Holdings, forming Banglalink,
one of the largest telecom operators in Bangladesh.
• 50 DLR (AD) (1998) 63
• 46 DLR (HC) (1994) 122