Alan Lipsitz practices primarily in the areas of commercial and public finance and real estate. Alan represents a variety of commercial and real estate lenders; issuers of tax-exempt obligations and other deal participants in tax-exempt transactions, including trustees, purchasers and underwriters; and real estate developers and owners. His experience in these various areas of practice allows him to understand all aspects of a transaction and to anticipate issues that may arise, resulting in effective and efficient solutions for his clients.
He graduated magna cum laude from the University of South Carolina in finance, where he was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. Alan received his J.D. degree magna cum laude from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was first honor graduate, Chief Justice of the Order of the Wig and Robe, and a member of the Order of the Coif and the South Carolina Law Review.
• Listed in Chambers USA - Corporate/M&A: Banking & Finance
• Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2008
• Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Palmetto Chapter Board Member
• Legal Elite of the Midlands - Banking and Finance, 2012
Speaking & WritingRelated News
• Nexsen Pruet Ranked Among Top in the Carolinas; Legal Guide Recognizes Sixteen Attorneys and Six Practice Areas
May 27, 2013
• Nexsen Pruet Ranked Among Top Firms in the Carolinas
May 29, 2014
• 2015 Legal Elite of the Midlands
October 14, 2015 Overview
Alan regularly gives presentations to specific areas of his lending institution clients and to finance officers and staffs of issuers of tax-exempt obligation. Most recently, Alan spoke to a group of specialized lenders at one of the world's largest financial institutions on the topic of purchasing tax-exempt obligations.