Alan Seagrave is of counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is an Immigration, Nationality & Consular Law attorney within the firm's Government & Public Policy Practice.
Mr. Seagrave is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law. His practice focuses primarily on business immigration. He regularly advises clients on the preparation and filing of the entire range of U.S. employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visa petitions as well as obtaining visas for employees being transferred abroad. He has significant experience in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor program, including both the preparation of Regional Center designation applications and individual investor petitions for both Regional Center and stand-alone EB-5 projects. His practice also extends to the representation of employers in Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigations, and he has conducted I-9 compliance training programs at employer worksites. Mr. Seagrave has considerable experience in consular visa practice, the preparation of applications for waivers of inadmissibility, and advising clients on the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
Recent Representative Matters Include:
• Advising start-up companies in various industries on obtaining E treaty investor status and corresponding visas for company executives
• Ongoing representation of vacation industry developers for both E-5 Regional Center and stand-alone investment projects
• Assisting both multinationals and small businesses on use of the L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa to staff U.S. operations
Publications and Presentations
• "Immigration Policy: Will Campaign Promises Be Realized?," Presenter, Foley & Lardner LLP Web Conference, Election 2012 and the Path Forward in the Second Obama Administration, November 16, 2012
• "Hot Topics in Business Immigration," Foley's Executive Briefing Series, Orlando, Florida, April 24, 2011
• "What Are You Going To Do When They Come For You? Immigration Initiatives: Latest Legislative Updates and State Issues in Immigration," co-presenter, New York State Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section Fall Meeting, November 2, 2010
• "Raising Capital Through the EB-5 Program," Presenter, Foley's Timely Insight: The Vacation Ownership Industry Web Series, June 23, 2010
• "Employer's Get Your Badges: Joining ICE's IMAGE Program," The Legal Intelligencer, September 2008
• "Navigating the Immigration System: Facts, Myths & Strategies," Temple University, February 3, 2006
• "Conflict in Colombia: How Can Rebel Forces, Paramilitary Groups, Drug Traffickers and Government Forces Be Held Liable for Human Rights Violations in a Country Where Impunity Reigns Supreme?" Nova Law Review, 2001
Mr. Seagrave is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Mr. Seagrave is fluent in Spanish and has been certified as a Spanish-English court interpreter by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
Mr. Seagrave graduated from Clark University (B.A., 1976) and LaSalle University (M.A., 1996) and obtained his law degree from the Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University (J.D., summa cum laude, 2001), where he was articles editor of the Nova Law Review.
Mr. Seagrave is admitted to practice in Florida, the District of Columbia, New Jersey, and before the U.S. District Court for both the Northern and Southern Districts of Florida.