Alan T. Dimond offers more than 40 years of "first chair" experience in commercial and real estate related litigation. His clients range from local and regional real estate developers to multi-national corporations.
Areas of Concentration
· General commercial litigation
· Real estate-related litigation
· Ad valorem tax appeals
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Orange Bowl Committee, 1996-Present
· Member, American Bar Association, 1991-Present
- Member, Standing Committee on Judicial Independence 2010-2013
- Member, Commission on Multijurisdictional Practice 2001-2003
- Immigration Advisory Committee 1995-1999
- Member, House of Delegates Representing The Florida Bar 1991-1997
- Member, Judicial Selection, Tenure and Compensation Committee 1993-1996
· Chairman, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Foundation Board, 2006-2008, 2010-2011
· Chairman, Foundation Health Services, Inc., Board of Directors, 2006-2010
· Board Member, George Washington University Law School, Board of Advisors, 1997-2005
· President, The Florida Bar, 1992-1993
· Adjunct Professor, University of Miami School of Law, Trial Advocacy
· Board Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
· Chairman, Judicial Nomination Commission, Third District Court of Appeal
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Dade County Bar Association
· Member, Federal Bar Association
· Member, The Florida Bar
- Board Member, Board of Governors and Executive Committee
- Chaired, All Bar Conference, Budget Committee and Legislation Committee, 1982-1992
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Construction; Litigation - Municipal; Litigation - Real Estate, 2007-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, one of "South Florida's Top Lawyers," 2005-2013
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America - Miami Litigation, "Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year," 2012
· Listed, Daily Business Review, "Most Effective Lawyers," Civil Litigation, 2006
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
Alan has represented numerous major corporations, individuals and governmental entities in a wide range of commercial and real estate related litigation.
· Acted as lead attorney for developers of Fisher Island for 25 years.
· Led trial team that obtained $25 million embezzlement verdict on behalf of an Aegon subsidiary, a Dutch insurance company against its American managing general agency and that agency's officers.
· Led trial team that obtained $30 million settlement for the Estate of Eastern Air Lines from various insurance companies based on damage to the environment at several major U.S. airports.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Alan has lectured on jury selection and other trial-related topics; has authored more than 100 published state and federal appellate opinions; and has also contributed numerous immigration and health care policy opinion and editorial pieces.
· Featured, "The Dimonds - Focusing on Similar Litigation at Separate Firms," South Florida Legal Guide, 2008