Albert J. Pinzon joined the firm's New York office in October 2012 as a Partner in the Business Law Department.
Albert practices in the Corporate and Capital Markets Groups, focusing on the creation and structuring of complex financial solutions. Albert serves as counsel to underwriters and issuers in public offerings and private placements of funded and synthetic asset backed securities, asset backed commercial paper notes, medium term notes, insurance linked notes, and credit linked notes. Albert advises clients on alternative risk transfer capital markets transactions and on the legal and regulatory issues involved with life, property/casualty, and financial guaranty insurance transactions.
Albert's insurance linked securities practice is focused on regulation XXX and AXXX reserve funding transactions, policy warehouse lending facilities, and cat bonds and life settlements, premium finance, life, and annuity securitizations. In addition, he represents buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions across asset classes, as well as Latin American asset-based lending transactions.
· Represents private equity and hedge funds in connection with investments in insurance linked products including Cat Bonds, ILW's (both in insurance and derivative form) and structured insurance and reinsurance products.
· Restructuring of investment fund focused on insurance sector.
· Restructuring of $200 million credit facility for longevity fund.
· Advised numerous insurance companies and international banks in private finance transactions and securitizations designed to relieve the reserve strain caused by Regulation XXX and AXXX.
· Advised Goldman Sachs, as placement agent, in connection with Regulation AXXX transaction.
· Advised MBIA in connection with $800 million floating rate offering for Northwind Holdings, a Unum Group subsidiary.
· Advised Calyon Securities (now Credit Agricole) in connection with a $100 million credit facility and structured settlement transactions.
· Counseled hedge funds in connection with the sale of industry loss warranties.
· Counseled leading Wall Street broker-dealer in connection with the development of trading platform for service settlements.
· Organized and was initial senior counsel to the Institutional Life Markets Association (ILMA).
· Closed on more than $1.0 billion in Latin American asset-based lending for a European based merchant bank.