- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Renewable Energy & Clean Technology
|Law School||Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1996|
Alex Iliopoulos is a partner at Cassels Brock practising securitiesand corporate law, with an emphasis on corporate finance transactions and mergers and acquisitions. She is also the Deputy Chair of the firm's Securities Group.
Alex has experience representing a broad range of issuers and investment dealers on a variety of corporate finance transactions, including private placements and public offerings. She regularly advises companies on general corporate and securities law matters including stock exchange listings, governance matters and regulatory compliance issues.
Alex has been involved in various mergers and acquisitions as evidenced by her involvement in the following transactions:
· Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $135 million gold stream transaction with HudBay Minerals Inc.
· Representing Sprott Power Corp. in its $70 million sale to Capstone Infrastructure Corporation
· Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $1.9 billion gold purchase agreements with Vale S.A.
· Representing Sprott Power Corp. in its $33 million acquisition of Shear Wind Inc.
· Representing Lake Share Gold Corp. in its $320 million acquisition of West Timmins Mining Inc.
· Representing Golf Town Income Fund in connection with Omers Capital Partners Inc.'s $215 million acquisition of Golf Town
· Representing Rockwater Capital Corporation in connection with CI Financial Income Funds $250 million acquisition of Rockwater
Alex represents clients in a variety of industries including natural resources, renewable energy, clean technology and transportation. Recent transactions in which Alex has been involved include:
· Acting on behalf of The University of Toronto in connection with its $200 million debenture offering
· Acting on behalf of Lake Shore Gold Corp. in connection with its $103.5 million debenture offering
· Acting on behalf of Sprott Power Corp. in connection with its $34.5 million debenture offering
· Acting on behalf of EcoSynthetix Inc. in connection with its $100 million initial public offering
· Acting on behalf of Contrans Corp. in connection with its $50 million bought deal offering
In addition to her legal practice, Alex has delivered a number of presentations on securities law matters and has written and published articles on mergers and acquisitions. Alex has also been a guest lecturer at Osgoode Hall Law School - LL.M. Program (Securities).
· Canadian Bar Association
· Ontario Bar Association
Publications, Newsletters and Articles
Public M&A Mid-Year Review (Trending2013: An M&A Series)
At the Crossroads: Where Does Canada Go with Defensive Tactics?
Changes to Director Elections in Canada
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Women on Boards: Proposed Disclosure Requirements
Alexandra Iliopoulos,Carolyn L. Stroz, February 3, 2014
The Ontario Securities Commission (the “OSC”) has published for comment proposed amendments (the “Amendments”) related to director term limits and the representation of women on boards and in executive officer positions. The amendments follow a “comply or...
Disclosure Matters: Pay Attention to What Isn’t From the Financial Statements
Gregory Hogan,Alexandra Iliopoulos,Joel McElravy, January 23, 2014
Odds are high that the public disclosure you are approving includes one or more “non-GAAP financial measures”, being financial measures that do not meet the criteria under the relevant accounting principles (GAAP) for inclusion in financial statements. Measures like EBITDA, Cash...
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,604 in weekly profile views out of 17,330 lawyers in Toronto, Ontario|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|