Alfredo's practice focuses on the areas of local government law, particularly land use, zoning, code issues, procurement and development law. He represents major developers in securing governmental approvals from large scale residential and commercial projects to single family projects. Alfredo has also represented clients on entertainment venues including Conditional Use Permit approvals and noise violations.
Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, he was with the Miami Dade County government for over 10 years including serving as Chief of Policy for Miami-Dade County Commissioner, Bruno A. Barreiro.
Areas of Concentration
· Land use representation, including development approvals and conditional use permits
· Governmental procurement and contracting
· Governmental affairs
· County and municipal legislation
· Building department relations and permitting local government code enforcement, including noise violations and mitigation of fines
· Historic preservation
· Liquor regulations
· Joint private and public projects
· Representation of restoration and additions to numerous historic buildings in Miami Beach and Miami.
· Representation of Mixed-Use Project such as the W-hotel South Beach.
· Representation of Single family homes before hearing Boards.
· Representation of FUEL and Worldwide Push in the establishment of an outdoor advertisement mural program in Miami Dade County.
· Representation of Major Corporations for projects in Miami-Dade County government including Miami-Dade Airport, Miami-Dade Transit and Miami-Dade Seaport.
· Member of Greenberg Traurig team that represented MAT Concessionaire, LLC and its sponsors, Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Bouygues Travaux Publics, S.A., in the Port of Miami Tunnel project, one of the first greenfield public-private partnerships in the United States
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Executive Committee, Beacon Council
· Board Member, Board of Governors, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
· Board Member, Board of Trustee Historical Museum of South Florida
· Member, American Bar Association
· Served as board member designee for the Miami River Commission, 1998-2004
· Served as board member of the Miami-Dade County Tenerife Sister City Committee
· Served as chairman for the Historical Association of South Florida, Tropical Pioneers
· Served as vice-chairman for the City of Miami Beach, Community Development Advisory Committee
· Served as board member of the Miami Heart Research Institute, Heartthrobs Board
· Served as board member for UNIDAD
Awards & Recognition
· Recipient, "Distinguished Alumni" Award, Barry University, 2010
· Chief of Policy, Office of Miami-Dade County Commissioner Bruno A. Barreiro, Miami, Florida, 1998-2004
· Joint Development Specialist, Miami-Dade Transit Agency, Miami, Florida, 1995-1998
· Legislative Director, Miami-Dade County Commission District 5, Miami, Florida, 1994-1995
· Assistant Legal Counsel, Florida Medical Association, Tallahassee, Florida, 1993