André Ducasse is a partner in the Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. He is a member of the Litigation Group and practises in both official languages. André's practice encompasses banking litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency litigation, construction litigation, shareholder remedies and disputes, mortgage remedies, general commercial litigation, and insurance litigation.
André has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario in a variety of commercial disputes. He regularly represents financial institutions including chartered banks and insurance companies. André has also appeared before various boards and tribunals.
Publication & Presentation
· Lecturer and author on a number of litigation issues, including injunctive relief and other equitable remedies, motions for summary judgment, receivership applications, fraud investigation and remedies, mortgage remedies and enforcement, creditors' rights, asset recovery, restructuring and insolvency issues, the enforcement of domestic and foreign judgments and arbitral awards, as well as various procedural issues.
· Lecturer and author on various insurance defence issues.
· Member, Association des juristes d'expression française de l'Ontario (AJEFO)
· Member, County of Carleton Law Association
· Member, Canadian Bar Association