- Corporate & Securities
- Financial Regulatory and Compliance Group
|Contact Info||Telephone: 305.579.0642|
|University ||Tulane University, B.A., cum laude, 1988|
|Law School||University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1991 Member, The University of Miami Law Review|
|Admitted||1991, Florida; 1992, New York|
|Memberships ||American Bar Association. |
Andrew E. Balog focuses his practice on corporate law, with an emphasis on public and private securities offerings, and mergers and acquisitions for public and private companies, startup and emerging companies, and financial institutions.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study" by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Represented Sprint PCS affiliate in $300 million private, high-yield debt offering and $100 million initial public equity offering.
· Represented publicly held mall-based specialty retailer of teenage fashion accessories in several acquisitions of other specialty retailers of teenage apparel and fashion accessories, including the acquisition of an approximately 768-store, mall-based chain for $250 million.
· Represented publicly held fast food franchiser in a stock-for-stock merger transaction.
· Represented numerous startup companies with capital raising activities and strategic relationships.
· Represented publicly held leading owner and operator of premier motorsports facilities throughout the United States in $102 million public equity offering and $225 million private debt offering.
· Represented publicly held leading provider of computer system solutions to manage office equipment resources in an $80 million going private management buy-out transaction.
· Represented nationally recognized underwriters in connection with $101 million public equity offering by a distributor of pharmaceuticals and related medical supplies to office-based physicians, outpatient renal dialysis center and home care products.
· Represented publicly held designer, manufacturer and distributor of a full line of patented, self-contained recycling industrial parts washers in $17 million private debt offering.
· Represented publicly held Sprint PCS affiliate in $200 million debt-for-debt exchange offer.
· Represented privately held web-based e-procurement supplier of information technology products in $35 million cash merger transaction with a publicly held information technology company.
· Represented privately held ice cream distributor in an asset sale transaction with an international ice cream manufacturer.
· Represented publicly held supermarket chain in $575 million private high yield debt offering.
· Represented a regional accounting firm in a business combination with a competitor.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,212 in weekly profile views out of 10,187 lawyers in Miami, Florida|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|