Andrew has extensive experience handling executive compensation issues in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, and private equity financings. He also regularly represents chief executive officers of both publicly and privately held companies and management teams in connection with leveraged buyouts by private equity sponsors, and in their negotiations with compensation committees and boards of directors. In addition, Andrew regularly represents both companies and senior executives in connection with their employment and compensation arrangements.
In addition to his transactional experience, Andrew also focuses his practice on the representation of management in litigating federal and state labor, employment discrimination, trade secret, compensation, and restrictive covenant claims. He has successfully argued before both federal and state appellate courts. Andrew advises, represents, and trains clients with respect to the full range of employment and labor issues, including sexual harassment prevention, personnel policies, employee discipline, layoffs, equity and compensation arrangements, independent contractor issues, disability and leave matters, employee handbooks, and a broad range of collective bargaining matters.
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2015 Guide, (05.19.2015)
• Fifty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2014 Guide, (05.23.2014)
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2013 Guide, (05.24.2013)
• Mintz Levin Attorney Andrew J. Bernstein to Moderate Panel at Young Jewish Professionals' Hedge Fund & Private Equity Forum, (03.20.2013)
•Quoted in NYC's Jobless Face Uphill Battle in Proving Hiring Bias, Law360 (03.15.2013)
• Forty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2012 Guide, (06.07.2012)
•Quoted in Report: Zynga Redistributing Stock Ahead of IPO, The Washington Post (11.10.2011)
•Quoted in GPs Navigate the Complex Waters of Equity Compensation, Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst (05.01.2011)
• Thirty Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2011 Guide, (03.21.2011)
• Eighteen Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2010 New York Super Lawyers, (09.29.2010)
• Mintz Levin Expands Employment, Labor and Benefits Section in its New York Office, (01.14.2009)
•Co-author, Pay for the Chief: The Shareholders Speak Out, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (04.24.2012)
•Deal Points: The Management Team, Bloomberg Law Reports: Labor & Employment (06.20.2011)
•Co-author, Deal Points: The Management Team, Bloomberg Law Reports: Labor & Employment (06.20.2011)
•Author, Teen Workers: Labor or Liability?, Thomson Reuters Employment Alert (06.01.2011)
•Co-author, The Thorny Problem of BlackBerrys, Law360 (04.07.2011)
•Moderator, Hedge Fund and Private Equity Forum, Young Jewish Professionals, New York, NY (03.20.2013)
Andrew Bernstein outlines the key components of an employment agreement between private equity sponsors and the management team of the acquisition.
Recognitions & Awards
•New York Super Lawyers: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation: Defense (2007 - 2008, 2010)
•Chambers USA: New York - Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (2011 - 2015)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent