Andrew K. Gordon practices in the areas of insurance and commercial litigation, environmental law and labor and employment law with a focus on complex multi-party trials.
Mr. Gordon has been one of the lead trial counsel in a number of significant complex insurance coverage matters in several western states and has been lead defense counsel in many other coverage cases which have resulted in favorable settlements prior to trial. These cases typically involve contract interpretation issues pertaining to dozens of different contracts and factual investigation spanning several decades. In addition, he has represented insurers issuing property and directors and officers policies in coverage disputes.
His commercial litigation experience includes unfair competition claims, unfair lending practices, misappropriation of trade secrets, partnership disputes, obtaining and enforcing judgments against foreign entities, real estate nondisclosures and various other business torts. He has frequently examined expert economists and other damage-related experts.
Mr. Gordon counsels employers on employment issues and has litigated cases involving discrimination, disability and harassment issues, wrongful termination, trade secret violations, and wage and hour disputes.
Mr. Gordon is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006-2015 editions, and has been named as one of California's Super Lawyers through a peer review process.
•Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2006-present
•Hancock Rothert & Bunshoft LLP
- Partner, 1989-2005
- Associate, 1981-1988
Honors & Awards
•Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
•Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006-2015 editions
•California Super Lawyer, 2004-2015
•Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, 2010
•AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Selected Speaking Engagements
• What Insurance Executives Need to Know About Business Interruption Updates for 2011 webinar, February 23, 2011
•Speaker, Attorney-Client Privilege in Jeopardy in Insurance Litigation, Strafford Publications, July 2007
•Conference Planner, Taking and Defending Depositions of London Insurance Witnesses, American Bar Association Teleconference, June 2006
• A Complex Insurance Coverage Trial Primer, American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, February 2006
• Trying an Environmental Coverage Case, Executive Enterprises, June 1993
• California Insurance Developments, Lorman Education Services, July 1994
• Controlling Costs and Developing Trial and Litigation Strategies, Executive Enterprises, December 1992
• Discovery in Environmental Disputes, Executive Enterprises, June 1992
• Environmental Issues from A-Z, before the California Association of Ski Areas, June 1990
• Trying a Case: The Last 100 Days before Trial, California Continuing Education of the Bar, March 1990
•Co-author, SEC Gives Guidance for Public Companies' Disclosures Related to Climate Change, Duane Morris Alert, March 5, 2010
•Co-author, How the NFIP, Insurance Law and Climate Change Could Cause the Perfect Storm, Risk & Insurance, March 3, 2009
• Image Conscious: Litigators Need to Get Out of the Dark Ages when it comes to Graphics, The Recorder, California Law Week, November, 1999
• Protecting a Civic Asset, Bay Area Attorneys Rally to Support the San Francisco Giants, San Francisco Attorney, April/May 1993