Mr. King is a trusted advisor to financial institutions, corporations, and business professionals. He appears regularly in trial and appellate courts throughout Arkansas. The primary focus of his work is commercial litigation, including bank litigation, class action defense, trial practice, and appeals. His trial and appeal work has led to significant appellate victories in the United States Court of Appeals, Arkansas Supreme Court, and Arkansas Court of Appeals.
Mr. King is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell in the areas of Litigation, Commercial Law, and Business Law.
In 2010, Arkansas Business magazine named Mr. King as one of The New Influentials of 2010: 20 in their 20s in recognition of his accomplishments in the state's business community and his promise for future success and leadership. Selected from among more than 300 nominees, Mr. King was one of two practicing lawyers to make the list.
From 2007 to 2008, Mr. King served as a law clerk for the Honorable Bobby E. Shepherd of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Mr. King has authored works on Internet law, appellate advocacy, antitrust law, and media law.
Cases of Interest:
• J.B. Hunt, LLC v. Thornton, 2014 Ark. 62 (prevailed in appeal from dismissal of lawsuit brought by judgment creditor to gain priority over trust distributions captured by bank and other judgment creditors).
• Newsom v. Rabo Agrifinance, Inc., 2013 Ark. App. 259, 427 S.W.3d 688 (prevailed in appeal from unsecured creditor's attempt to gain priority over $1.4 million mortgage lien).
• Pinnacle Point Properties, LLC v. Metropolitan National Bank, 2012 Ark. App. 268 (argued and prevailed in appeal from $24.1 million foreclosure sale).
• Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. v. Phillips County Circuit Court, 2011 Ark. 183, 381 S.W.3d 67 (assisted tire manufacturer in protecting trade secrets through an extraordinary writ to the Arkansas Supreme Court).
• Kuelbs v. Hill, 615 F.3d 1037 (8th Cir. 2010) (argued and prevailed in appeal from dismissal of lawsuit against financial institution and attorneys).
• Winrock Grass Farm, Inc. v. Affiliated Real Estate Appraisers of Arkansas, Inc., 2010 Ark. App. 279, 373 S.W.3d 907 (prevailed in case affirming dismissal of claims against bank and real estate appraisers).
• Contributor, American Bar Association Council of Appellate Lawyers, THE APPELLATE PRACTICE COMPENDIUM (2012).
• Contributor, Media Law Resource Center, MEDIA LIBEL LAW (2009-2013).
• Contributor, Media Law Resource Center, EMPLOYMENT LIBEL & PRIVACY LAW (2009-2013).
• Contributor, American Bar Association, STATE ANTITRUST PRACTICE AND STATUTES (4th ed. 2009).
• Co-Author, Cybersmears and Cybersteals: Protecting Your Clients Online, THE ARKANSAS LAWYER (Spring 2010).
• Author, Comment, What the Supreme Court Isn't Saying About Federalism, the Ninth Amendment, and Medical Marijuana, 59 ARK. L. REV. 755 (2006).
May 1, 2014 Jennie Clark Stewart and Andrew King Present at Business Workshop
Kutak Rock attorneys Jennie Clark Stewart and Andrew King presented at a workshop titled Small Business Legal Basics on Wednesday, May 7 at the Donald W. Reynolds Business Center in Little Rock, Arkansas.