Andrew T. White is involved in the representation of public and private real estate investment trusts, national developers, hedge funds, and other investment funds in connection with all aspects of complex commercial real estate transactions including joint ventures, financings, and the acquisition and disposition of commercial property.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial real estate
· Real estate financing
· Portfolio transactions and financing
· Acquisitions and dispositions
Professional & Community Involvement
· Executive Board Member, Chicago Jesuit Academy's Junior Board of Directors
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Chicago Bar Association
· Member, Illinois State Bar Association
· Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
· Member, Young Leaders Division, Urban Land Institute
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2009-2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented Schottenstein Realty Trust Inc. in connection with its initial public offering.
· Represented privately-held retail company in its simultaneous disposition of both a 33-property portfolio in a sale-leaseback transaction valued at approximately $276 million, and a 26-property portfolio in a transaction valued at approximately $135 million.
· Represented a privately-held short line and regional freight railroad holding company in connection with its acquisition of six short line railroads operating approximately 160 miles of track in four states.
· Represented several multistrategy hedge funds in connection with opportunistic investments in debt and equity related to commercial real estate.
· Represented a consortium of investors in connection with their acquisition of a 755-property portfolio from Albertson's, LLC. The acquisition was part of a larger $17.4 billion leveraged buy out transaction, which was the second largest ever of its kind in the U.S.
· Represented one of the bidders in the sale of the Chicago Cubs baseball franchise. The Chicago Cubs is noted by Forbes as the fourth most valuable Major League Baseball team and is worth over $700 million.
· Represented Kimco Realty Corporation in connection with the acquisition of Pan Pacific Retail Properties, Inc. for $2.9 billion in equity investment, and the assumption of $1.1 billion in debt.
· Represented Kimco Realty Corporation and The Prudential Insurance Company of America in a private joint venture in the disposition of a portfolio of 60 shopping centers across several Western United States.
· Represented LandSource Communities in a $2.3 billion bankruptcy case involving more than 15,000 acres of real estate immediately north of Los Angeles.