Andy Erlewein joined Foster Swift in 2008. A member of the Commercial Litigation Practice Group, Andy has logged a lot of time in the courtroom for an attorney of his age. The types of cases in which he has experience:
· Litigation: complex commercial litigation, including litigation in the following areas of law: probate, estate, employment, construction, constitutional, real estate and criminal.
· Health Care/Administrative Law: licensing issues; administrative appeals; analysis of regulatory compliance; negotiation with regulatory and governing bodies, including Attorney General.
· White Collar Crime: analysis and representation as well as litigation and appeals work.
· Corporate/Commercial Law: business organizations, corporate transactional law; asset purchases; non-competition litigation, drafting and compliance; confidentiality and trade secrets protection and analysis; ERISA analysis and litigation.
One of Andy's biggest strengths is his ability to explain to clients the risks associated with litigation, the potential costs involved, and equally as important, the ways in which they can modify their operations or conduct in order to minimize the chance of future litigation.
In pursuit of a personal interest, Andy is expanding his expertise in intellectual property law practice where he has experience in business patent analysis and protection; copyright protection and analysis; regulatory compliance; and copyright litigation.
Having experienced a smaller boutique prior to joining Foster Swift, Andy finds the culture to be the perfect blend of professionalism, advocacy and client care. It's for these reasons that Andrew is such a highly sought after commercial litigation attorney in Farmington Hills.
· Represented nationally known attorney and firm in civil lawsuit in Oakland County against client's former local counsel and firm, in fraud/breach of fiduciary duty/breach of contract matter related. Obtained $7.25 million jury verdict after 14 day trial.
· Assisted in representation of Big Three Automotive Manufacturer in civil lawsuit in Wayne County against former supplier, related to a dispute over purchase agreements related to automotive components. Obtained jury verdict completely absolving client of any liability.
· Represented group of doctors in a dispute with Michigan Attorney General's office. Negotiated settlement absolving client of any legal liability and resolving matter.
· Represented client in dispute against familial estate/Trustee regarding disproportionate allocations of probate distributions in probate litigation in Oakland County Circuit Court. Settled matter during trial, negotiating nearly identical terms to those requested in original Petition.
· Represented auto dealerships in civil lawsuits related to disputes with customers related to payment of repair services, and in connection with civil lawsuit related to former employee's actions in forging transaction documents and defrauding dealership in connection with several sale transactions. Obtained favorable trial verdicts/settlements in each case.
· Represented private client in dispute with automobile dealership regarding the performance of unnecessary repairs and the performance of negligently performed repairs on client's personal automobile. Obtained favorable settlement terms for client.
· Represented court-appointed client in dispute with public body regarding the seizure of assets and Constitutional Due Process of seizure itself. Obtained settlement agreement with public body on terms very favorable to client, including return of seized assets.
Protecting Key Business Methods with Patents, Michigan Bar Journal, January 2007
Memberships & Affiliations
· State Bar of Michigan
· Oakland County Bar Association
Industry & Professional Associations:
· Oakland County Inns of Court, Associate
· Rochester High School Varsity Boys Basketball, Assistant Coach