Activities and Affiliations
• Member, Law Society of Alberta, Corporate Commercial Advisory Committee
• Chairman, Law Society of Alberta, Business Corporations Act Advisory Committee
• Member, Edmonton Bar Association, Canadian Bar Association
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
• The Shevchenko Foundation - President of The Shevchenko Foundation, a chartered philanthropic institution dedicated to the development of Canadian cultural heritage which funds production of educational and individual materials to promote Ukrainian language, historical literary and publications and supports artistic groups
• North Alberta Alliance on Race Relations - Chairman of the Board for NAARR
• Edmonton Symphony Orchestra - Served on the Board of Directors of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra for 10 years and for 3 years served as Chairman of the Board of Governors and has held a variety of positions within the organization
• Canadian Race Relations Foundation - Founding Director of the CRRF having been appointed in October 1996 and served as an active Director until March, 2004. He acted as Vice-Chairman and represented the Province of Alberta.
• Christmas Bureau of Edmonton - Master of Ceremonies - Annual FMC Christmas Bureau Breakfast - (12 years) which raises funds in order to provide a festive meal for Edmonton's less fortunate
• Centre for Race and Culture - Board Member and Former Chairman for CRC
• Canadian Race Relations Foundation - Andy acted as counsel on contractual and employment matters for this nationally recognized foundation which fights racism in Canada.
• Edmonton Symphony Orchestra - The ESO is one of the cores arts organization in the Province of Alberta employing approximately 100 fulltime musicians and staff. Andy has assisted them in a variety of contractual negotiations and labour negotiations.
• Lifetime Member, Canadian Authors Association
• Aging Defenseman of the GT Clams Hockey Team currently in the AMHL where he has played for the past few decades. Former Coach of youth soccer and hockey teams
• Participant in choral work along with singing for choruses for the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and Edmonton Opera Association
• Grant MacEwan University - Chairman of School of Business Advisory Council
• University of Alberta - Member of Academic Advisory Council to the Kule Institute of Advanced Studies
• Faculty of Extension, University of Alberta - Sessional Instructor Commercial Law - Andy teaches in a 13 week course of commercial law which is presented to students in certificate programs through the University of Alberta including Certified General Accountants, Certified Management Accountants, Insurance Fellowship programs, and Investment Institute Programs, Purchasing Management Programs and others. Since 1991, Andy has presented 24 units of this 13 week course and is currently teaching this course through the Faculty of Extension.
• Law Society of Alberta - Bar Admission Course - For 14 years, Andy has been a lecturer in the Bar Admission Course. In 1984 and 1985, he was a lecturer for the segment Purchase and Sale of Businesses and during the period 1986 through 1998 was a lecturer in the Corporation Subsection of the Bar Admission Course.