- Complex, Class Action & MDL
- Financial Services Litigation
- Product Liability
- Professional & Management Liability
- Toxic/Mass Tort & Environmental
- Food & Beverage
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device
|University ||Clemson University, B.A., English, summa cum laude, Golden Key International Honour Society, 1997|
|Law School||University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, J.D., with distinction, Literary Editor, UMKC Law Review, Editorial Associate, The Urban Lawyer, Moot Court Executive Board, 2002|
|Admitted||2002, Missouri; 2003, Kansas; 2006, District of Columbia; USDC, Western District of Missouri; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; USDC, District of Kansas; U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit|
Angela Higgins has been practicing law since 2002. Her main areas of practice with the firm include commercial litigation, insurance coverage, products liability, class action defense, and appellate practice.
Memberships & Activities
• American Bar Association
- Litigation Section, Product Liability Committee
- Litigation Section, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
• Missouri Bar Association
• Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Member, Amicus Committee
• Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
• Association of Women Lawyers of Kansas City
• District of Columbia Bar Association
Publications & Presentaions
• Writing a Reservation of Rights: A North American Compendium (Kansas Section). DRI Insurance Law Committee (Jan. 2014).
• Contributing commentator, "Lawyers React to High Court's Generic-Drug Liability Ruling," commenting on the Court's decision in Mutual Pharmaceutical Co. Inc. v Bartlett. (Law360, Lexis/Nexis, June 2013).
• Severance and Removal of Claims, ABA Tort and Insurance Practice Section Newsletter (Summer 2010).
• 2007 Transportation Law: Answers to Questions Every Transportation Company Needs to Know (co-author, Kansas and Missouri Sections), American Law Firm Association International Compendium (2007).
• Responding to Employee Requests for Modification of the Workplace: Do You Have to Give the People What They Want?, KANSAS CITY BUSINESS JOURNAL, Law Day Supplement (May 6, 2005); reprinted in ST. LOUIS SMALL BUSINESS MONTHLY (June 2005).
• Comment, "Else We Are Condemned to Go from Darkness to Darkness": Victims of Gender-Based War Crimes and the Need for Civil Redress by U.S. Courts, 70 UMKC LAW REVIEW 677 (Spring 2002).
• Note, Do Unto Thy Neighbor: In Support of a Conditional Privilege to Warn Neighbors of a Suspected Child Molester after Schmitz v. Aston, 69 UMKC LAW REVIEW 471 (Winter 2000).
Jury Verdict Obtained for Client in Crop Damage Case
BSCR obtained a jury verdict in favor of our client, Northwest Fertilizer, Inc. after a week-long trial. The case involved a misapplication of an herbicide on corn crops that damaged a portion of plaintiffs' corn crop. Plaintiffs claimed that damage from the herbicide was widespread throughout a substantial portion of the farm while Northwest Fertilizer claimed the damage was isolated and any remaining damage was the result of other causes for which it was not responsible. . .
Summary Judgment Obtained for Electric Match Manufacturer in Product Liability Case
BSCR obtained summary judgment on behalf of an electric match manufacturer, in three related product liability cases. The cases arose out of a 2005 explosion at a fireworks plant in Crestline, Kansas. . .
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#170 in weekly profile views out of 5,977 lawyers in Kansas City, Missouri|
|#52,852 in weekly profile views out of 1,539,846 total lawyers Overall|