For more than a decade, Angela has actively litigated a wide range of healthcare- related matters. She regularly represented corporate clients and individual providers in licensing and regulatory issues, compliance and professional malpractice and business and commercial disputes. She defends and advocates on behalf of healthcare clients in state and federal courts, in administrative proceedings, before arbitration panels and before state licensing boards.
Angela also has extensive experience defending physicians and other healthcare providers in personal injury and wrongful death claims. She tried several jury cases and obtained favorable orders dismissing the action and/or claims against various firm clients.
Before attending law school, Angela worked in healthcare-related nonprofit management.
Awards & Recognitions
· Missouri Lawyers Weekly, "Top Defense Verdicts of the Year," 2007-2008
· Missouri Lawyers Weekly, "Up & Coming Lawyer," 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships
· American Bar Association
· American Health Lawyers Association, Healthcare Liability & Litigation Group, Leadership Development Program, 2012
· The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
· The Missouri Bar
· Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
· Kirkwood United Methodist Church, Service Mission Committee
· Legal Services of Eastern Missouri Volunteer Lawyers Program
· Mother to Mother, Board of Directors, 2007-2008; Personnel Committee, 2010
· Shalom House Women's Shelter and Room at the Inn
· Obtained voluntary dismissal for health maintenance organization in action asserting claims for breach of contract and quantum meruit. Plaintiff sought more than $5 million in damages, plus prejudgment and post-judgment interest and attorneys' fees. Obtained a significant ruling from the court on a discovery dispute and, thereafter, plaintiff voluntarily dismissed client without any payment of money.
· Won defense verdicts for several physicians in wrongful death and medical malpractice actions in City of St. Louis and St. Louis County, Mo.
· Defended a physician in a wrongful death action in Boone County, Mo., resulting in a voluntary dismissal of the physician by the plaintiffs during the trial
· Secured favorable outcomes for numerous healthcare clients before the Missouri Board of Pharmacy, the Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts, the administrative hearings unit of the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services and the Division of Regulation and Licensure
· Obtained dismissal of class action complaint against Fortune 100 company in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, involving allegations of various state data breach notification laws and violations of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act
7.17.12, How Does the Supreme Court's Recent Decision Impact Employers and Employer-Sponsored Health Plans?
7.10.12, How Do You Evaluate and Address the Compliance Risks Associated with ACOs and Other Physician Alignment Models?
7.5.12, Another Reminder to Ensure That Portable Storage Devices are Encrypted
5.2.12, Strategies for Handling Complex Physician Contracting and Integration Compliance Challenges
3.21.12, Hospital-Physician Integration: What Do We Do Now? Curt Chase Presents the Latest Trends to ACHE