|Contact Info||Telephone: 305.579.0782|
|University ||Florida International University, B.S., Psychology, summa cum laude, 1992; Class Rank: Top 8% - Order of the Coif; Dean's List All Semesters; Published Comment in IALR Issue 25:3|
|Law School||University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1995; Executive Editor, Inter-American Law Review|
|Admitted||1995, Florida; 1998, Nevada; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
|Memberships ||Nicaraguan American Bar Association, Inc. (Director, 1996-2000); Dade County Bar Association; American Bar Association; International Bar Association. |
|Languages||French, Conversational; Portuguese, Conversational; Spanish, Fluent|
|Born||Managua, Nicaragua, August 18, 1969|
Angelika practices in the areas of commercial litigation, tort litigation, and business arbitration. She has substantial experience in matters involving multi-jurisdictional issues, contract disputes, tort claims, statutory claims, and commercial loans. She has experience in handling insurance defense claims and evaluating relevant bad faith issues. She also has experience in substantial post-judgment collection proceedings, enforcement of foreign judgments, and enforcement of domestic and foreign arbitral awards. Angelika is fluent in Spanish and proficient in Portuguese and French.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial and tort litigation
· Business arbitration
· International dispute resolution
· Representation of South American wine producer in contract dispute involving numerous multi-jurisdictional issues.
· Representation of Venezuelan construction company in contract dispute and extensive post-judgment proceedings.
· Representation of U.S. entities in proceeding to enforce foreign arbitral award.
· Representation of multiple world champion boxers in contract disputes, negotiations and litigation.
· Representation of foreign aviation company in dispute with foreign government.
· Monitoring of litigation in foreign jurisdictions for U.S. clients.
· Representation of major credit card company in complex civil litigation matters.
· Representation of major construction materials manufacturer in breach of warranty litigation.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Director, American Nicaraguan Foundation (2003-Present)
· Member, International Bar Association
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Dade County Bar Association
· Director, Nicaraguan American Bar Association, Inc., 1996-2000
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
· "Involuntary Commitment and the Use of Seclusion and Restraint in Uruguay: A Comparison with the United Nations Principles for the Protection of Persons with Mental Illness," 25 U. Miami Inter-American Law Review 589, 1994
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,365 in weekly profile views out of 12,846 lawyers in Miami, Florida|
|#251,415 in weekly profile views out of 1,505,564 total lawyers Overall|