Ann-Ellen has practiced in Mintz Levin's Boston office since 1980. She has been a member of the firm's governing Policy Committee.
She serves as counsel to mutual fund companies, investment advisory firms, insurance companies, asset management companies, hedge funds, and other institutional investors, in connection with their investment in fixed-income securities. In addition, she represents institutional investors, bond insurers, and bond trustees in distressed debt situations, including defaults, workouts, restructurings, capital recoveries, and bankruptcies.
Her experience encompasses corporate debt and project financings for health care, senior housing, military housing, tribal gaming, museums, hotels, airlines, human service providers, and academic institutions.
Ann-Ellen has also served as counsel to various trade organizations, including the National Federation of Municipal Analysts and the Investment Company Institute.
She is a frequent author, speaker, and conference organizer on topics concerning distressed debt.
During law school, she served as an article contributor and editor for the Boston College Law Review.
• Eighty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars , (10.17.2014)
• Mintz Levin's Bankruptcy Practice Recognized by Legal 500 USA , (07.24.2014)
• Nineteen Mintz Levin Attorneys and Seven Practice Areas Featured in 2014 Legal 500 United States Guide , (07.24.2014)
• Mintz Levin Receives M&A Advisor's “Consumer Services Deal of the Year” Award , (02.24.2014)
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars , (10.21.2013)
Awards & Recognitions
•Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Finance: Municipal Bankruptcy (2013, 2014)
•Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2004 - 2007, 2009 - 2014)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•Order of the Coif