ANTHONY L. BYLER is a Partner at Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC and a member of the Construction Group.
Prior to joining Cohen Seglias, Tony was the Managing Partner of Byler & Blaker LLC. As a trial lawyer, Mr. Byler focuses his practice on representing public and private owners, contractors, subcontractors and material men. He has handled major construction disputes, for both plaintiffs and defendants, involving educational facilities, hotels, bridges, high-rise residential buildings, prisons, waste water treatment plants, parking garages, docks, assisted living facilities and shopping centers.
Tony has tried numerous construction cases both in court and in arbitration involving payment disputes, delay and disruption claims, payment and performance bonds, prompt payment statutes, mechanics' liens, fiduciary duties, fraud, errors and omissions.
A frequent author and speaker on construction industry topics, Tony has written for Construction Today Magazine and has given numerous construction law seminars for the National Electrical Contractors Association, the General Building Contractors Association, the National Demolition Association and Widener University.
· General Building Contractors Association (GBCA) - Affiliate Member
· National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) - Associate Member of the Penn-Del-Jersey Chapter
· Associated Builders and Contractors Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter (ABC)
· Associated Pennsylvania Constructors (APC)
· Building Contractors Association of South Jersey (BCA)
· American Bar Association (ABA) - Member; Public Contract Law Section and Construction Industry Forum
· New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) - Member; Construction Law Section
· American Arbitration Association - Member; Serves as an arbitrator on the Roster of Neutrals
Awards & Recognition
· Tony has achieved an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating for professional ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell.
· Tony was named a 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Law & Politics Magazine. Law & Politics Magzine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
· Tony was named a Super Lawyer, Rising Star by Law & Politics Magazine from 2005-2008. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
· Tony is top rated by Avvo, the online directory and Q&A forum for lawyers, doctors and dentists.
· Tony was elected as one of the 2013 Top Rated Lawyers in Construction by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™.