Anthony L. Gallia is a trial lawyer. Mr. Gallia handles complex commercial and intellectual property litigation in state and federal courts across the United States. He regularly counsels clients and serves as trial counsel for plaintiffs and defendants in litigation matters, including real estate transactions, contracts, covenants not to compete/restrictive covenants, manufacturer/distributor disputes and securities litigation. Mr. Gallia also represents clients and acts as trial counsel in trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation as well as matters involving serious personal injuries and wrongful death.
Mr. Gallia has significant court experience with temporary restraining orders and disputes involving preliminary and permanent injunctive relief. He has obtained ex parte seizure orders, and has coordinated the seizure of counterfeit products and goods in conjunction with United States Marshals on both intra and interstate levels.
In addition to his experience as trial counsel in both civil and criminal cases, Mr. Gallia has successfully resolved disputes through arbitration, mediation and favorable settlements.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, Mr. Gallia is a member of the American, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia bar associations. Philadelphia Magazine selected Mr. Gallia as a Pennsylvania "Rising Star" in business and intellectual property litigation in 2007, 2008 and 2010 and as a "Lawyer on the Fast Track" in 2009.
Mr. Gallia graduated summa cum laude from the University of Akron School of Law with both a juris doctorate and master's degree in public administration. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Scranton.
· Obtained a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of Dell Financial Services LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dell Inc., of multimillion-dollar claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
· Obtained a decision following a three-day trial in federal court for Archibald ("Archie") Lingo and Archie's Market, Inc., permanently enjoining the defendants from using the federally registered mark "Lingo's Market" and awarding plaintiffs attorneys' fees and costs of suit.
· Represents a diversified investment firm with more than $1.5 billion in assets that specializes in acquiring value-add investments across a spectrum of asset classes, including commercial real estate, development land, and land-based operating business entities.
· Obtained jury verdict in favor of international jewelry retailer Tiffany & Co. in $45 million copyright infringement and Lanham Act suit.
· Obtained summary judgment in favor of a national, licensed broker/dealer in a multi-million dollar class action securities lawsuit.
· Represented estate and heirs of recreational fisherman killed in a collision with a 60-foot yacht off the New Jersey coast.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2009-present
- Associate, 2000-2008
· American Bar Association
· Pennsylvania Bar Association
· Philadelphia Bar Association
Honors and Awards
· Selected as a Pennsylvania "Lawyer on the Fast Track," 2009
· Selected as a Pennsylvania Rising Star in business and intellectual property litigation, 2007, 2008 and 2010
· "Your Weapons, You Will Not Need Them," Comment on the Supreme Court's Sixty-Year Silence on The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, 33 Akron Law Review 131 (1999)