ANTHONY M. BOTTENFIELD is an Associate in the Firm's Construction Group and concentrates his practice on construction litigation. Anthony represents homeowners, builders, and contractors in construction defect matters as well as a wide-range of construction-industry related clients in every stage of litigation from discovery, pre-trial practice, trial, post-trial motions, and appeals. He has worked on public and private projects and assisted clients filing and defending bond claims and mechanics' liens. Anthony has represented clients in multiple jurisdictions and alternate dispute resolution forums including mediation and arbitration before the AAA and in private settings.
Prior to joining Cohen Seglias, Anthony served as an Intern for The Honorable Sylvia H. Rambo United States District Court, Middle Pennsylvania and Justice A. Michael Eakin of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. While in law school, Anthony authored, Congressional Creativity: The Post-Chada Struggle for Agency Control in the Era of Presidential Signing Statements, 112 Penn St. L. Rev. 1125, and was the Managing Editor of the Penn State Law Review.
Anthony serves as Co-Chair of the Firm's Summer Associate Program. He has been an active Habitat for Humanity supporter, volunteering through the Philadelphia Bar Association and through the Firm's work with Habitat.
News & Publications
• Get It Right the First Time: Making a Good Impression
The Legal Intelligencer - September 11, 2014
• Look Before You Leap: Know the Law Before Joining the Housing Boom
Construction Today - July/August 2013
• Cohen Seglias Attorneys Named 2013 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
May 17, 2013
• Habitat for Humanity
• Understanding the Risks in a World of Volatile Building Material Costs
Construction In Brief: Summer 2011
• Inform Before You Perform: Sanctions for Destroying Evidence of Defective Work (PDF)
New Jersey Law Journal. - October 18, 2010
• Avoid Bidding Pitfalls
Construction In Brief: Fall / Winter 2009
• Susan Shaw, Anthony Bottenfield and Wendy Bennett Join Cohen Seglias
October 1, 2008
Awards & Recognition
• Anthony was named a 2013 and 2014 Rising Star by Law & Politics Magazine. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
• American Bar Association (ABA)
• Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia
• Support Center for Child Advocates - Volunteer Attorney