- Class Actions
- Corporate Commercial Litigation
- IP Litigation
- Corporate Governance
|Mailing Address||Suite 5300, TD Bank Tower, Toronto Dominion Centre, Toronto, ON, M5K 1E6|
|University ||Queen's University (B.A., Hons, 1988; M.A., History, 1989)|
|Law School||University of Toronto, LL.B., 1992|
Anthony Alexander is a partner in our Litigation Group in Toronto. His broad-based commercial practice focuses on written advocacy and the provision of advice and opinions in the context of complex business disputes, class actions, intellectual property litigation, real property/environmental matters, corporate governance mandates, and financing and acquisition transactions.
Mr. Alexander's recent publications, as author or co-author, include:
· "Cross-Border & Multijurisdiction Class Actions - A Canadian Perspective," in both the 2012 and 2013 editions of the American Bar Association's Annual Review of Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation;
· "The 'Unlawful Means' Element of the Economic Torts: Does a Coherent Approach Lie Beyond Reach?" in The Annual Review of Civil Litigation, 2010 (Carswell);
· "Demand Obligations: Divergence in Provincial Limitation and Prescription Periods" in National Banking Law Review (LexisNexis, 2010); and
· "The Enforcement of Foreign Non-Monetary Judgments in Canadian Courts" (Business Law Quarterly, McCarthy Tétrault, 2007).
Mr. Alexander received his BA (Hons.) in 1988 and his MA in 1989 in history from Queen's University and his LL.B. from the University of Toronto in 1992. He joined McCarthy Tétrault LLP following his call to the Ontario bar in 1994.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,447 in weekly profile views out of 17,506 lawyers in Toronto, Ontario|
|#114,626 in weekly profile views out of 1,606,920 total lawyers Overall|