Tony devotes his practice to Pennsylvania workers' compensation, unemployment compensation, municipal law/Heart and Lung Act, and federal Longshore and Harbor workers' compensation. Since joining the firm's Workers' Compensation Department in 1995, Tony has focused on high-exposure, complex litigation including repetitive trauma claims, occupational disease and hearing loss claims, as well as chemical sensitivity claims. He also actively represents the National Hockey League and the National Basketball Association in regard to workers' compensation matters.
Tony has represented law firms, financial institutions, forging companies, steel mills, transportation companies, aeronautical/space manufacturers, universities and hospitals in various types of workers' compensation and unemployment compensation matters. He has handled multiple high-exposure workers' compensation chemical and toxic tort claims involving mass defendants, and he has had a high success rate in having clients dismissed from same.
Tony is the founder of Marshall Dennehey's in-house workers' compensation CLE program. He is also frequently called upon to speak to insurance companies and self-insured employers in the areas of workers' compensation and employment law.
• Workers' Compensation Medical Fraud and Abuse, CEU Institute, June 25, 2014
• Busted! Identifying, Proving And Prosecuting Workers' Compensation Fraud, National Workers' Compensation Insurance ExecuSummit, Uncasville, Connecticut, February 4-5, 2014
• Understanding the Most Common Mistakes Made in Workers' Compensation, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry Annual Human Resources Conference, Hershey, Pennsylvania, December 3, 2013
• Tri-State Workers' Compensation Legal Update, Roadmap to Success - Understanding Workers' Compensation, Marshall Dennehey seminar, October 24, 2013
• FrankenFraud - The New Employee Monster, Marshall Dennehey Workers' Compensation Seminar, November 30, 2012
• Workers' Compensation 101 Roundtable, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, June 8, 2012
• Unemployment Claims Fraud: Protect Your Organization from Bogus Jobless Claims, Center for Competitive Management, April 19, 2012
• Unemployment Compensation Roundtable, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, Scranton, Pennsylvania, March 8, 2012; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, March 16, 2012
• The Interplay Between the Pennsylvania Heart and Lung Act and the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act, AmeriHealth Casualty webinar, August 25, 2011
• Top Ten Defenses to a Fee Review Action, Chubb Seminar, April 2011; discussion about the problems associated with provider fraud in fee review applications and a 10-point analysis on how to properly defend these cases
• Workers' Compensation Primer, Drexel Seminar, March 2011; an analysis on how to defend workers' compensation actions in a university setting
• Pennsylvania Claims Handling (monthly seminars in PA, NJ and DE), 2002-present
• Defending Pennsylvania Claims, Boston, 2008
• Prosecuting Fraud Under New Guides, Texas, 2006
• Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Law and Claims Handling, Michigan, 2001
• Case Law Updates to various insurers on monthly basis, 1998-2000
• Prosecuting Fraud, 1997
• Pennsylvania Forms Seminar, 1997
• Act 57 Amendments, 1996
• How to Defend Hearing Loss Cases, 1994
• ADA and Workers' Compensation Act, five Pennsylvania cities, 1992