|University ||Fairleigh Dickinson University, B.A., 1972|
|Law School||University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1979|
|Admitted||1979, New Jersey; 1988, New York; U.S District Court of New Jersey; U.S District Court Southern District of New York; U.S District Court Eastern District of New York; U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit|
Associations & Memberships
Defense Research Institute
Art Bromberg has been litigating asbestos health, personal injury and property damage claims since 1980. Presently, he serves as national counsel for a number of equipment manufacturers where he concentrates his practice on defending asbestos health-related matters.
Over his 30 years of toxic tort litigation on behalf of various asbestos manufacturers, Art has participated in over 100 asbestos health trials in both New York and New Jersey. As a result of his experience involving the medical aspects of asbestos health litigation, Art has served, for many years, as joint medical defense counsel for various defendants in the New York City asbestos litigation cases. During this time, he has tried an extensive number of cases and has been retained by law firms individually to represent their interests in reverse bifurcated medical trials.
Significant Representative Matters
• Obtained a Summary Judgment for an equipment manufacturer in a Declaratory Judgment and coverage action against a successor equipment manufacturer in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
• Numerous defense verdicts in both New York and New Jersey in both cancer and non malignant Asbestos Health-related claims
• Successful defense of various asbestos manufacturers and suppliers of asbestos products by obtaining low verdicts or successful and reasonable settlements during the course of trial.
• Has obtained numerous Summary Judgment Decisions in various jurisdictions throughout the country on behalf of numerous clients.
Associations & Memberships
• Defense Research Institute
Honors & Awards
• AV® Preeminent™ by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
NJ Superior Court Affirms Bare Metal Defense
Arthur D. Bromberg,Paul C. Johnson, May 6, 2014
In Hughes v. A.W Chesterton, 2014 N.J. Super. LEXIS 54 (App. Div. 2014), the NJ Appellate Division rendered its decision in four asbestos matters which raised the “bare metal” defense asserted by a pump manufacturer, Goulds Pumps. The court found that a plaintiff needs to demonstrate...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#128 in weekly profile views out of 1,359 lawyers in Roseland, New Jersey|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|