- Business Counseling and Transactional
- Environmental and Toxic Tort Litigation
- Health and Safety Compliance Audit
- Trade and Professional Associations
- Insurance Coverage
- Nanotechnology Strategy, Regulation and Defense
|University ||Lafayette College, B.A., Chemical Engineering, 1987|
|Law School||University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 1990|
|Admitted||1990, Virginia; 1991, District of Columbia; U.S. Supreme Court|
Arthur Garrett joined Keller and Heckman in 1990. Mr. Garrett is co-chair of Keller and Heckman's national litigation practice, along with Robert S. Niemann. He also serves as the Firm's General Counsel.
Mr. Garrett's litigation practice focuses on product liability, with an emphasis on defending manufacturers of food, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. His trial experience has taken him all over the United States to try cases in state and federal courts and mediate/arbitrate disputes on behalf of corporations and trade associations. Mr. Garrett was recently trial counsel in a breach of contract/indemnity action that was selected as a Top 10 Defense verdict in the State of California.
Mr. Garrett currently serves as Vice Chair of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the ABA's Tort and Insurance Practice Section. He specializes in insurance coverage and insurance recovery by advising food, chemical and pharmaceutical clients concerning their liability insurance programs (including CGL, D&O, E&O, Excess/Umbrella and specialized recall policies). In such matters, Mr. Garrett provides advice on the appropriate insurance coverage and the rights of corporate and trade association policyholders in the event of a loss and in disputes with their insurance carriers. He also provides advice on appropriate risk transfer mechanisms (including insurance and indemnity) in commercial transactions.
Other litigation matters that Mr. Garrett has handled include the representation of:
· Drug distributor in nationwide product liability litigation
· Major food manufacturer in Superfund litigation in various federal and state courts in the United States;
· Numerous Fortune 500 exporters to obtain high seven-figure refund of Harbor Maintenance Taxes;
· Trade association in nation-wide VCM toxic tort suits;
· Major food manufacturer in transportation (Carmack Amendment) case in Baltimore, Maryland;
· Drug manufacturer in patent infringement litigation in Puerto Rico;
· Scientific products manufacturer in trade secrets case in Charlotte, North Carolina;
· Trade association in constitutional "takings" case in Washington, DC;
· Trade association in transportation "undercharge" cases in Jacksonville, Florida;
· Trade association in Cable Act litigation in Washington, DC;
· Pet food manufacturer in false advertising case in San Francisco, California;
· Numerous companies and trade associations involved in disputes at the FCC, OSHA, the STB (former ICC), and the GAO.
American Bar Association's Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section's Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#4,334 in weekly profile views out of 48,590 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|