|Contact Info||Telephone: 757.446.8683|
|University ||Georgetown University, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude; University of Virginia, M.B.A.|
|Law School||George Washington University, J.D., with honors|
|Admitted||1993, Virginia (with nationwide, federal immigration law practice)|
|Born||Newark, New Jersey, February 26, 1962|
Art is a partner with Vandeventer Black where he manages the Immigration Law Group. He advises companies and individuals on all aspects of immigration strategy for temporary employment and permanent residence in the United States.
He also assists employers with compliance under the employer sanction provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including counsel on the implementation of Form I-9 procedures and avoiding civil and criminal fines and penalties under the Act.
Art is a frequent presenter across the country on a variety of immigration topics. Art speaks before a broad range of audiences, including international students on college campuses; professional trade associations; international student advisors and career development counselors at colleges and universities; human resource groups; and economic development agencies.
Art also is a frequent and valued contributor to Virginia business periodicals and legal journals on current immigration topics.
Professional & Community Activities
· American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
· National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA): Association of International Educators
· Alumnus of the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce Leadership Hampton Roads Program (2002)
· Earned the designation of Certified Public Accountant and was selected as one of Virginia's "Super CPAs" for 2002
· The Best Lawyers in America: selected by peers in the specialty of Immigration Law
· "Virginia's Legal Elite:" as listed by Virginia Business in the field of Immigration & Naturalization
· "Virginia Super Lawyers:" selected in the field of Immigration Law
· Business-based immigration: Non-immigrant work status and visas (E-Visas, H-1B, L-1, O & P visas, R-1, TN-visas); and Green Card/Permanent Residence status in the EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability, Intra-Company Transferee Executive/Manager & Outstanding Professor/Researcher), EB-2 (PERM Labor Certification & National Interest Waiver), EB-3 (PERM Labor Certification) and EB-4 (Religious Worker and Other) categories
· Family-based immigration: K-1 Fiance visas; K-3 U.S. Spouse visas; Green Cards/Permanent Residence for Immediate Relatives (spouses and parents of U.S. Citizens); for Relative preference categories; for Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) eligible spouses.
· An Employer's Guide to Hiring International Students
· U.S. Immigration Laws for Business
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#157 in weekly profile views out of 1,264 lawyers in Norfolk, Virginia|
|#150,955 in weekly profile views out of 1,481,274 total lawyers Overall|