Arturo Perez-Estrada has more than 15 years of experience in corporate, financial regulation, privacy and corporate finance law. Arturo is experienced in negotiating and completing high profile joint-ventures, and obtaining authorizations for financial, securities broker-dealers, insurance, and reinsurance companies and brokers. He provides advice and deals with complex legal cases involving, among others, corporate finance, private equity, venture capital financing, multi-party agreements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and foreign investment matters across several industries. He also provides advice on financial and regulatory compliance requirements for the implementation of innovative micro-credit lending programs, bank agency networks, compliance with anti-money laundering financial regulations, e-commerce, eSignature and other banking regulations applicable to money transmitters, non-bank banks and other non-banking financial intermediaries.
Over the past 5 years Arturo has acted as lead counsel for the negotiation of exploration, association, financing and joint venture agreements for mining projects in Mexico.
Arturo is also an active advisor to startup companies, and early and venture capital funds in Mexico and Latin America; he was recently invited to become mentor for Endeavor and collaborates proposing changes for the legal framework applicable to the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Mexico with the Mexican and U.S. Government through the Mexico - United States Entrepreneurship and Innovation Committee (MUSEIC).
Arturo's practice as an international attorney is focused on capital markets, participating in Rule 144A and Reg S private placements under the U.S. securities laws, and negotiating MTN programs, including the elaboration of offering circulars, indentures, agency and securities purchase agreements.
Areas of Concentration
• Banking & Insurance Regulation
• Venture Capital - Startups
• Corporate finance
Awards & Recognition
• Team Member, Corporate/M&A - Law Firm of the Year, Chambers Latin America Awards, 2014
• Team Member, Acquisition International magazine, Overall Law Firm of the Year - Mexico, 2013
• Team Member, Acquisition International magazine, Most Trusted Law Firm of the Year - Mexico, 2013
• Team Member, InterContinental Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions Firm of the Year - Mexico, 2013
• Team Member, Lawyers World Law Awards, Mergers & Acquisitions Firm of the Year - Mexico, 2013
• Team Member, DealMakers, Law Firm of the Year - Mergers & Acquisitions - Mexico, 2012-2013
• Intern, Garcia Barragan y Villela, Corporate and Foreign Investment, 1998-1999
Associated News & Events
09.25.14 Greenberg Traurig Named 'Corporate/M&A Law Firm of the Year - International Counsel in Latin America' at 2014 Chambers And Partners Latin America Awards for Excellence
03.19.13 Greenberg Traurig's Latin America and Iberian Practice Elevates 6 Attorneys to Shareholder, 1 to Of Counsel
03.05.13 Greenberg Traurig Elevates 41 Attorneys to Shareholder, 15 to Of Counsel
10.05.11 Greenberg Traurig Opens Office in Mexico City; Expands Latin America Practice
05.01.13 Data Protection and Information Management
01.10.14 El Congreso Mexicano Aprueba Importante Reforma Financiera
01.10.14 Significant Financial Reform Passed by the Mexican Congress
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Note Author, Regarding the Federal Personal Data Protection Law, Official Gazette, July 5, 2010
• Author, Secured Lending - Mexico, Latin Lawyer Reference Section Online - Secured Lending, 2008-2010
• Note Author, Regarding the Amendments Made to the Commerce Code and the General Law for Commercial Entities (LGSM), Official Gazette, June 2, 2009
• Speaker, “ Angel Investment Panel”, organized by Angel Ventures Mexico and COLCAMI, Mexico City, October 2013
• Speaker, Insurance Without Borders, 20th Annual International Conference, Professional Liability Underwriting Society, Washington, D.C., November 2007
• Speaker, Underwriting and Claims Conference, Stewart Title Guaranty de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 2004