Mac's practice is primarily within the Whitfield & Eddy Business and Banking practice group representing lenders in the documentation and closing of commercial real estate loan transactions. Mac also advises small business and entertainment clients on organizational and contractual matters.
Experience & Professional Activities
· Member with Whitfield & Eddy, P.L.C. since 2009
· Associate with Whitfield & Eddy, P.L.C., 2002 - 2009
· Associate with Palmer & Dodge, LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, 2001-2002
Professional Activities and Affiliations:
· American Bar Association (Sections: Business Law; Intellectual Property Law; Real Property, Probate & Trust Law; Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries)
· American Inns of Court (Blackstone Inn of Court)
· Iowa State Bar Association (Chair: e-Commerce Section, 2006-2007; Sections: Business Law; Commercial & Bankruptcy Law; Intellectual Property Law; Real Estate & Title Law)
· Polk County Bar Association
Cases, Presentations & Publications
Selected Publications, Presentations and Teaching Appointments:
· Presenter, "Iowa Film Making and the Law: An Orientation to Common Legal Issues - Starting a Company and Paying Taxes," The Iowa Film Maker Series, presented by The Iowa Scriptwriters Alliance, the Iowa Motion Picture Association and the Iowa Film Office, Des Moines, Iowa, May 2006.
· Co-presenter, "Common Misconceptions in Human Resources in Iowa," Lorman Education Services, Des Moines, Iowa, March 7, 2006.
· Presenter, "Iowa Film Making and the Law: An Orientation to Common Legal Issues," sponsored by the Iowa Scriptwriters Alliance, the Iowa Motion Picture Association and the Iowa Film Office, Des Moines, Iowa, November 2005.
· Presenter, "How to Preserve Your Assets and Pass On Your Business: Legal Questions," Association of General Contractors Annual Convention, 2005.
· Presenter, "Preparing the Plank: Recent Litigation Strategies for Internet Piracy and Infringement Disputes; Induce Act Proposal," e-Commerce and International Law Sections Seminar sponsored by the Iowa State Bar Association, November 2004.
· Author, "Waiter! There's a Patent in My Trademark!: Distinguishing Intellectual Property Law for the Defense Lawyer," Defense Update, Spring 2004.
· Adjunct Professor, "The Law in Cyberspace," Drake University Law School, Spring 2004.
· Presenter, "Real Privacy Laws for Real People: Their Impact on Your Client," e-Commerce Seminar sponsored by the Iowa State Bar Association, December 2003.
· Co-author, "Internet Publishing from the Publisher's Perspective," Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2001.
· Author, "Finding the Fact of Familiarity: Assessing Judicial Similarity Tests in Copyright Infringement Actions," Drake Law Review, 2001.
Civic and Volunteer Activities:
· Cowles Montessori Parents Group, Secretary 2010
· Metro Arts Alliance President, 2008; Board of Directors, 2004-2009
· Iowa State Bar Association Public Service Project (formerly known as the Volunteer Lawyers Project)
· Everybody Wins! Iowa Reading Program (Board of Directors; Volunteer 2004-2006)