BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sp. k. is an independent law company providing legal advisory services to Polish and foreign economic entities. BSJP Law Office was established in 2001. Due to many years of experience of our experts in Poland and abroad, BSJP is ranked high in the market. With more than 50 lawyers the Law Office operates in 5 strategic industrial centres across Poland, including Warsaw, Gda?sk, Katowice, Wrocław and Pozna?.
Being the sole Polish law office which is a member of an international chain of reputable independent law companies ADVOC, which associates attorneys-at-law from more than 50 countries, BSJP is able to provide effective advisory services to customers everywhere they need us.
The success and satisfaction of our customers is also our success. Therefore, our most important task is to offer strategic and long-term solutions tailored to our customers' needs. Creativity combined with goal-orientation forms the background of our activities. BSJP always develops the best solutions for its customers.
Our motto is availability, promptness, service quality and thorough understanding the customer's needs. Our approach is pro-active and prudent, we continually look for new, better solutions aimed at satisfying our customers' needs. BSJP offers high quality comprehensive legal advisory services, including individual, practical, effective and quick solutions to complicated problems.
BSJP provides comprehensive legal services to enterprises of various sizes. Our Law Office employs recognised experts of all significant areas of legal practice. We grant equal rights to Polish and foreign advisers. The advisory services are provided in Polish, English and German.
BSJP Law firm was recommended in the field Corporate and M&A category of the prestigious Legal 500 ranking.
BSJP Law firm was recommended in the field Real Estate category of the prestigious Legal 500 ranking.
Krzysztof Kowalczyk- one of BSJP partners- has been recommended in the field of
Competition and antitrust of the prestigious Legal 500 ranking.
The firm's main areas of practice are Real Estate, Banking and Finance, Corporate and
Commercial, Energy law, Public Private Procurement, M&A, Litigation.
Many years of experience supported by content-related knowledge, market and practical knowledge enable BSJP to provide high quality and most efficient advisory services oriented at our Clients' needs.
Our varied spectrum of Clients includes institutional investors, commercial development companies, as well as residential development companies, banks and financial institutions, as well as lessees operating in the commercial real estate market (offices, shopping and warehouse premises, and the so-called industrial parks).
We provide advice in the following fields:
- any civil law and administrative law aspects in connection with real estate development and regarding spatial development and investment process;
- creation of legally and tax efficient real estate transaction structures;
- conduct of real estate due diligence analyses focusing on optimization of removal of any legal and tax problems revealed during such analyses;
- creation of unique solutions for lease-back transactions;
- we offer comprehensive legal services on real estate management;
- acquisition and sale of real estate, including finance;
- establishment and removal of real estate encumbrances;
- negotiations of lease and tenancy agreements for commercial real estate and office complexes.
- BANKING AND FINANCE
BSJP has an extensive experience in finance-related issues, representing both, financing entities and entities acquiring funds. In particular, we provide advice to financial institutions and borrowers on financing or refinancing enterprise acquisition (acquisition finance), financing or refinancing assets (asset finance), financing projects (project finance). We are also engaged, to a considerable extent, in financing or refinancing real estate (real estate finance) where BSJP is a recognized advisor of significant foreign and Polish banks and leasing companies. The Law Office's employees specialize in drafting and assessing loan agreements, security agreements, leasing agreements, as well as in preparing and verifying due diligence reports for the purpose of acquisition of funds.
BSJP offer more than just accurate and practical knowledge of law. Our long-term cooperation with both lenders and borrowers has made us particularly sensitive to the problems significant for both sides. In addition, our team restructures pending transactions, develops new techniques and allows the restructuring process to be completed in the most tax efficient manner.
Based on the extensive experience of our lawyers in this field of law, we are able to offer, among others, the following activities to our Clients:
- comprehensive support at each stage of the public contract award procedure, including, without limitation, at the stage of preparation of the bid, assessment of the risk arising from performance of the contract pursuant to the conditions specified by the awarding entity, proper supplementation and correction of the applications and bids submitted;
- participation in and conduct of negotiations or competitive dialogues with awarding entities, both at the stage of determination of the contents of the specification of the essential terms of contract, including terms of the public contract award agreement, and at the stage of introduction of admissible changes into the agreements in force;
- submission of legal protection measures and representation of awarding entities or economic operators before the National Appeal Chamber and common law courts;
- preparation of legal opinions regarding multifaceted public procurement issues, in particular the application of the Public Procurement Law Act, on a case-by-case basis;
- conduct of seminars on public procurement, including, without limitation, in-house seminars for employees of economic operators or awarding entities on application of the provisions of the Public Procurement Law Act.
The extensive experience and professional knowledge of BSJP lawyers is confirmed by their participation as advisers in many public contract award procedures, including, without limitation, the largest procedures in connection with infrastructural projects. For instance:
- legal advisory to an international construction corporation in connection with applying for contracts for construction works, including construction of the 2nd Warsaw Metro line, several sections of A1, A2, A4 motorways and S5, S7, S8 and S17 expressways, construction of railway lines, bridges, alteration of railway stations (Ł ód ź Fabryczna railway station) and airports.
The advisory services included, without limitation, preparation of draft consortium agreements, assessment of the risk in connection with performance of a given contract, assessment of draft public contract agreements, participation in negotiations, preparation of legal protection measures, representation of the economic operator before the National Appeal Chamber and regional courts, support in preparation of subcontractor agreements;
- legal advisory to an international manufacturer of railway vehicles in connection with applying for contracts for supply of locomotives, electric traction vehicles, cars (including double-deck cars), and supply of tramways and metro cars. The advisory services included, without limitation, preparation of draft consortium agreements, execution and assessment of the correctness of bids, assessment of risks arising from tender documents and draft public contract agreements, preparation of legal protection measures and representation of the economic operator before the National Appeal Chamber;
- legal advisory to an international manufacturer of electric devices in connection with applying for contracts for supply of electric devices (supply of high-power transformers), including, without limitation, preparation and submission of legal protection measures and representation of the economic operator before the National Appeal Chamber. Our goal is to be the business partner of our Clients, supporting them at each stage of applying for or performing public contracts. Do not hesitate to consult us, as your experts, about any public procurement law matter.
We have an extensive experience in providing legal services regarding construction and investment processes. Legal advisory services provided by our experts to entities performing various roles at all stages of the construction process include a wide range of services related to implementation of construction projects, including, without limitation, complex construction investments.
BSJP support our Clients at all stages of construction projects - from acquisition of real estate, through obtaining relevant administrative decisions, conclusion of a construction work contract and potential subcontracts (also in accordance with the Public Procurement Law Act) and handling legal matters emerging during performance of such contracts. We also represent our Clients in disputes regarding implementation of construction projects. Our advisory services in the field of the building law include:
- advisory regarding satisfaction of administrative requirements during an investment process, depending on the type and character of the future project, and legal support in obtaining the requisite decisions;
- legal assistance and representation of the Client in the course of negotiations by our recognized Construction & Engineering team, which focuses on the ability to prevent and solve conflicts;
- legal assistance in the course of public contract award procedures regarding construction works;
- preparation or verification of draft contracts and agreements concluded during the investment process (investment consortium agreements, design work contracts, author's supervision agreements, construction work contracts and subcontracts, investment substitution agreements, etc.), with a particular focus on the necessity to secure the Client's interests;
- legal assistance in the course of performance of the aforementioned contracts and agreements;
- legal assistance in establishing procedures and instructions regarding construction and construction site organization;
- legal assistance in applying for external financing sources for construction projects. We also provide legal advisory services in the field of FIDIC-based contracts where our Team has an extensive experience and competence improved by regular participation in various training courses.
MERGER & ACQUISITIONS, RESTRUCTURING
BSJP provides advisory services in planning and implementing restructuring processes at companies and capital groups, within the scope of both, their consolidation and multifaceted reorganization. We provide comprehensive services for mergers and acquisitions (including cross-border mergers and acquisitions) and other capital restructuring processes (including, without limitation, demergers, transformations, transactions in kind, company sale agreements, share or stock sale agreements) at all stages thereof. Owing to our multidisciplinary approach, experience and involvement of our employees, the assumed restructuring goals will be attained and the legal security of transactions will be ensured. We provide services to both, domestic and foreign entities operating in all industries, taking into account their legal specificity and special requirements.
BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sp. k. Law Firm has been advising its Clients on energy law for many years. In addition to preparation of legal due diligence for economic entities operating in the energy sector to analyze risks attached to energy projects, including wind park construction projects, we also assist our Clients throughout the project implementation until the devices are connected to the transmission grid.
We carry out a comprehensive project analysis during which we focus on both opportunities and threats that may arise from the project planned. We provide comprehensive legal advisory services regarding transactions in the renewable and conventional energy market. We analyze and negotiate PPAs, including EFET agreements, as well as CPAs and balancing agreements. We also deal with issues regarding issuance of the necessary permits or concessions, access to transmission and distribution networks. All analyses are carried out in accordance with the EU laws.
We have been observing a growing interest in investments in renewable energy in Poland during the recent years. Renewable energy projects must be managed efficiently as the competition in this field has been growing. A team of experts with high qualifications is essential in this process. Our law office's experience in renewable energy includes, among others, providing legal assistance on acquisition of rights in land for renewable energy sources, negotiation, preparation and verification of draft agreements entitling to use the land, including lease agreements for land intended for construction of wind power plants, agreements establishing transmission easements, construction work contracts regarding energy devices. We advise both Polish and international financial institutions on energy project finance. In 2011, we provided advisory services to, among others, one of the leading European banks specializing in energy finance on direct finance of wind park construction in Poland. The experience gained during such orders is invaluable during further analyses and works of BSJP lawyers.
COURT PROCEEDINGS AND ARBITRATION
BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sp. k. Law Office has been gathering its experience in court proceedings for many years by representing its Clients before courts in Poland and abroad. Our legal representation services are addressed, mainly, to economic entities. If possible, we also conduct procedures before the so-called e-court to handle the Client's matter as quickly as possible.
BSJP represents Clients before both, Polish and foreign common law courts and arbitration courts, in all instances. Our Partners are arbitrators in permanent and ad hoc benches of arbitration courts. We also represent our Clients in mediation procedures. As regards civil procedures, we also deal with separate procedures and enforcement procedures.
BSJP represents natural and legal persons in registration procedures, mainly in business matters related to entries in the National Court Register, land and mortgage registers and pledge registers.
National and international clients include investors/developers, major finance institutions and property companies, multinational organizations and public authorities.