Barbara Meili represents clients in the U.S. broadcast and cable industries, including counseling clients in virtually all aspects of license and distribution arrangements, merger and acquisition activity and regulatory issues. Barbara also provides general corporate representation of clients in connection with purchases of programming entities.
Areas of Concentration
· Cable television distribution agreements
· Retransmission consent agreements
· Mergers & acquisitions
· License and distribution agreements
· Regulatory issues
· Programming, marketing and ancillary services
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Committee on Telecommunications Law
· Member, Women in Cable & Telecommunications
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2005-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2010 and 2013
· Named, U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Law Firm of the Year" in Entertainment Law - Music, 2011-2012
· Named, "Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast," Arrive magazine, 2011
· Listed, Chambers & Partners USA Guide, an annual listing of the leading business lawyers and law firms in the world, 2010 and 2011
· Listed, The Hollywood Reporter, "Power Lawyers: Top 100 Outside Counsel"
· Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2007
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represents several major cable programming services. Representation consists of negotiating agreements with cable operators, satellite distributors and other multichannel video programming distributors.
· Represents "network-owned and operated" station groups as well as various network-affiliated broadcast station owners in connection with negotiating retransmission arrangements with cable and other multichannel video programming distributors.
· Represents several major sports content providers.
· Advises on virtually all aspects of Federal Communications Commission and other regulatory issues.
· Represents several online and Internet-delivered programming services and other content providers.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Panelist, "Current Developments in the Motion Picture and Television Industries," The ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries Annual Meeting, New York, NY, October 13-15, 2011