|Contact Info||Telephone: 202.661.8720|
|University ||University of South Carolina, B.A., 1973|
|Law School||University of South Carolina, J.D., 1976|
|Admitted||1976, South Carolina; 1977, District of Columbia|
Professional & Community Involvement
•Former member, Partnership Advisory Board, University of South Carolina School of Law
•Former member, Partnership Board, University of South Carolina College of Journalism and Mass Communications
•Member, Federal Communications Bar Association
Ben's legal work focuses on communications law, with an emphasis on cable programming, satellite communications, and private communications networks. Before joining the firm, Ben was a partner in the DC office of a premier Pittsburgh-based law firm.
He represents satellite operators in complex transactions involving the procurement of spacecraft, launch services and insurance, major customer contracts, payload hosting, and orbital slot sharing arrangements. He also represents cable television networks on a wide range of business and regulatory matters, including the acquisition of satellite capacity and video encryption and compression equipment for network distribution.
He advises cable programmers and satellite operators on business and regulatory matters before the Federal Communications Commission. Ben assists clients in establishing and licensing domestic and international private satellite networks for intracompany communications requirements. He also advises clients on the licensing and regulation of private and common carrier facilities.
Ben taught communications law at the George Washington University Division of Continuing Education.
• Co-author, FCC Eliminates Foreign Competition Test for Certain International Telecommunications Authorization Applications, Communications Advisory (04.24.2014)
• Co-author, FCC Clarifies Rule Governing Foreign Ownership of Broadcast Stations, Communications Advisory (12.04.2013)
• Co-author, FCC Proposes to Establish New Air-to-Ground Mobile Broadband Service for Airline Travelers, Communications Alert (05.16.2013)
• Co-author, FCC Adopts Order Streamlining Its Foreign Ownership Review Policies, Communications Alert (04.23.2013)
• Co-chair, Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2010, PLI, Webinar (03.01.2010)
Recognitions & Awards
•Phi Beta Kappa
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#3,054 in weekly profile views out of 57,997 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#99,354 in weekly profile views out of 1,733,233 total lawyers Overall|