Areas of Focus
Bernice is a partner of Fillmore Riley LLP and maintains a litigation practice covering all areas of insurance litigation including commercial liability insurance, general insurance defence, professional errors and omissions insurance, product liability, marine insurance law, and coverage disputes. She also practises in the areas of municipal law, administrative law, and employment law.
Bernice's clients include the Municipal General Insurance Program maintained by the Association of Manitoba Municipalities, the Liability Insurance Program handled by the Manitoba School Boards Association, and a variety of other Canadian, American, and international insurance companies. She has appeared before all levels of court in Manitoba, as well as the Manitoba Labour Relations Board, Workers Compensation Board, Automobile Injury Compensation Appeal Commission, and Pension Appeals Commission.
Bernice also counsels and represents clients in Alternative Dispute Resolutions and mediations.
· Chair, Manitoba Bar Association - Civil Litigation Section
· Chair, Litigation Practice Group
· Chair, Municipal Law Practice Group
· Chair, Library Committee
Publications / Presentations
· Regular author of articles on insurance law, risk management, municipal and general litigation issues
· Lecturer and presenter to various insurance companies and other entities