Brad Dixon is the Vancouver Regional Group Manager of our Commercial Litigation Group and of our Class Actions Focus Group. Recognized as a leading lawyer in these areas of law by the foremost legal rankings directories, Brad has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation. He has successfully defended numerous class actions against leading Canadian and multi-national corporations.
Appearing in all levels of courts and acting as counsel in arbitrations, Brad has dealt with a broad range of disputes involving - among other things - contract claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, product liability and warranty claims, disputes over real property interests or priorities, various types of consumer law claims, competition law claims, and claims raising constitutional and other public law issues.
Publications & Presentations
• Speaker, Cross-Country Check-Up: Western Canada, Ontario Bar Association, 7th Annual Class Actions Colloquium, Toronto, December 1, 2015.
• Co-Author, A Changing Landscape in Consumer Class Actions in British Columbia (and Beyond), Class Action Defence Quarterly, Vol.10, No. 2, (LexisNexis) December 2015.
• Speaker, Consumer Class Actions, Class Actions Forum West, Canadian Institute, May 21 2015.
• Co-author, Lack of Commonality Precludes Consumer Class Certification Says B.C. Court of Appeal, June 2015.
• Speaker, Canadian Class Action Update, Defence Research Institute (DRI), Strictly Automotive Seminar (Dearborn, MI), September 19 and 20, 2013.
• Speaker, Important Developments and Trends in Recent Product Liability Class Action Litigation: How It Impacts Your Company, Canadian Institute's Forum on Consumer Product Safety, Liability & Recalls (Toronto, ON), June 17, 2013.
• Speaker, Class Action Ethics, Western Canadian Class Action Conference (CLE BC), January 2013.
• Quoted in Why Class Actions Create Ethical Minefields, The Lawyers Weekly, August 2011.
• Speaker, Shareholders' Remedies / Oppression Class Proceedings, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (CLE BC), June 2011.
• Speaker, Osgoode Hall Professional Development Class, Action Ethics - 8th National Symposium on Class Actions, April 28 & 29, 2011.
• Speaker, Top 10 Ethical Questions in Class Actions, CLE BC Western Canadian Class Actions Conference, 2009.
• Speaker, Cross-Country Check-up, The Canadian Institute's 8th Annual National Forum on Class Actions Litigation entitled British Columbia Class Proceedings: A Year in Review, September 2007.
Rankings & Recognitions
• Recommended in the 2017 edition of the Legal 500 Canada (Dispute Resolution).
• Recognized in the 2016 edition (and since 2013) of Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (Dispute Resolution - British Columbia, Dispute Resolution - Class Action (Defence))
• Selected for Recognition in Product Liability Defence, Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015, Canada's Leading Business Lawyers
• Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition (and since 2006) of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Class Action Litigation, Corporate and Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Law) and named as The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 Vancouver Class Action Litigation Lawyer of the Year .
• Recognized in the 2017 and 2016 editions of Chambers Canada - Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business (Dispute Resolution: British Columbia, Dispute Resolution: Class Action (Defence)).
• Recognized in the 2016 and 2015 editions of Benchmark Canada - The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a Local Litigation Star: British Columbia and a Litigation Star: Class Actions, Commercial, Product Liability.
• Recognized in the 2016 edition (and since 2009) of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Class Actions).
• Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.