Brad D. Kaufman is the Vice President and Treasurer of Greenberg Traurig. He is also Co-Chair of the Securities Litigation Group and leads the firm's Associate Development Program.
He focuses his practice on securities litigation and regulatory actions and has represented major broker/dealers, investment banks and investment advisors in all aspects of their business, including traditional litigation in state and federal court as well as arbitrations.
Brad has defended both securities class actions and shareholder derivative claims. He has appeared as counsel in securities cases in most of the Federal Circuit Courts in the United States as well as before the United States Supreme Court. He has represented his clients in regulatory proceedings, arbitrations and administrative actions before FINRA, the New York Stock Exchange, National Association of Securities Dealers, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, National Futures Association, American Stock Exchange, Philadelphia Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Brad has been listed as a “ Top Lawyer” by the South Florida Legal Guide from 2009-2013 and has been selected by Super Lawyers magazine since 2006. He is rated AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5* and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America from 2008-2014. Brad was also listed in Chambers & Partners USA Guide, an annual listing of the leading business lawyers and law firms in the world, from 2007-2008. He frequently speaks at Securities Litigation and Arbitration Conferences, including the Practicing Law Institute, The American Conference Institute and many others.
Brad received his J.D. from Stetson University College of Law and his B.S. from Florida State University.
Areas of Concentration
• Securities litigation
• Securities regulatory actions and investigations
• Employment law
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), and Securities; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation, 2008-2016
• Named, Lawyer of the Year, Securities / Capital Markets Law, West Palm Beach, 2013 and 2015
• Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2009-2015
• Listed, The Legal 500 United States, Litigation - Securities - Shareholder Litigation, 2013-2015
• Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2015
• Team Member, a Law360 Employment Practice Group of the Year, 2011 & 2013
• Listed, Chambers USA Guide, National - Securities Law, 2007-2008
• Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
08.25.15 19 Greenberg Traurig Boca Raton and West Palm Beach Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2016
08.19.15 135 Greenberg Traurig Florida Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2016
07.21.15 Greenberg Traurig Expands Senior Leadership Team
06.12.15 Seven Greenberg Traurig West Palm Beach Attorneys Named 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
06.11.15 95 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Named 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
06.09.15 18 Greenberg Traurig Florida Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Edition of The Legal 500 United States Guide to Outstanding Lawyers
06.08.15 100-Plus Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Recommended in The Legal 500 United States 2015 Guide to Outstanding Lawyers
06.01.15 Boutique Firm Moves Securities Litigation Practice to Greenberg Traurig's Boston Office
03.04.15 Greenberg Traurig Launches Blog Focused on the Summer Associate Experience
01.21.15 51 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Recognized by South Florida Legal Guide
12.30.13 How 'Big Law' Can Reinvigorate the Practice of Law
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Frequent speaker at Securities Litigation and Arbitration Conferences, including the Practicing Law Institute, The American Conference Institute and the Securities Industry Association
• Quoted, Lawyers, LGBT Advocates Promote Openness at Leadership Summit, New York Law Journal, April 22, 2015
• Quoted, Wake Up Call: Lawyers in New York Promote LGBT Inclusion, Bloomberg BNA, April 21, 2015
• Quoted, The Business Case for Including Gay Lawyers, The National Law Journal, April 20, 2015
• Quoted, What Associates Need to Be Doing to Make Partner, Law360, April 15, 2015
• Quoted, Sex, Drugs and Other Ways to Not Schmooze Clients, Law360, April 13, 2015
• Co-Author, How 'Big Law' Can Reinvigorate the Practice of Law, Law Practice Today, December 2013
• Quoted, Calling All Unemployed Law Grads: Greenberg is Hiring, The American Lawyer, October 21, 2013
• Quoted, A Buyer's Market: Cutbacks in Law Firm Hiring and Smaller Salaries Made Job Hunting a Hard Slog for Many New Associates, Daily Business Review, September 10, 2012 (Also at Boca Raton Office)