Bradley Freedman is Vancouver Regional Leader of our Technology Law Group, and a partner in our national Intellectual Property and Information Technology groups. Bradley focuses his practice on technology, intellectual property, the Internet, electronic commerce, and related matters, and is recognized as a leading lawyer in these areas of law by the foremost legal rankings publications. Bradley advises clients in negotiating, structuring and documenting transactions and business arrangements, and acts as counsel in litigation, arbitration and mediation. He has appeared before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Trade-marks Opposition Board, and international commercial arbitration tribunals.
Bradley is also a Domain-Name Dispute Arbitrator for both the World Intellectual Property Organization and the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre.
Publications & Presentations
Bradley is a frequent blogger on the "The Law of Privacy in Canada Blog". This Blog is intended to be of value to those interested in matters relating to current privacy issues, including breach reporting, anti-spam and class action issues.
· Author/Editor, Consolidated Electronic Commerce Statutes and Regulations with Related Materials, Thomson Carswell, 2012.
· Author, "Domain-Name Disputes" chapter, Consolidated Intellectual Property Statutes and Regulations with Related Materials, Thomson Carswell, 2012.
· Author, "Internet Law" chapter, Annual Review of Law & Practice, 2011.
· Advisory Board member and frequent contributor, Butterworth's Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada.
Rankings & Recognitions
· Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2014 edition (and since 2006) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law).
· Recognized in the 2013 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Computer and IT Law, Technology Transactions).
· Recognized in the 2013 edition of World Trademark Review's WTR 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals (Enforcement and Litigation; Prosecution and Strategy).
· Recognized in the 2013 edition of the Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
· Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
· Recognized in Benchmark Canada - The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys (Intellectual Property).
· Member, Information Technology Law Association of Canada (IT.Can); Director, 2002-06
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, American Bar Association