- Acquisitions & Dispositions
|Contact Info||Telephone: 310.226.7840|
|University ||Tufts University, B.A., History, English, magna cum laude, 2004|
|Law School||University of Washington, J.D., 2007|
• Member, Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of California
• Articles Editor, California Real Property Journal
• Member, Young Leaders Group of the Urban Land Institute
• Member, World Affairs Council of Northern California
Brandon's practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing and developments of office, industrial, technology, multifamily and health care projects.
Brandon is a LEED Green Associate and contributes to the firm's Green Building Newsletter.
Before joining Mintz Levin, Brandon practiced as a real estate associate in other law firms in California. While in law school, he served as Executive Articles Editor of theWashington Law Review.
Co-author,Implications of the New California LLC Act,Real Estate Alert (06.11.2014)
• Author,AB 1103 Update: Nonresidential Building Energy Use Disclosure Requirements Now In Effect,Green Building Newsletter (02.07.2014)
• Author,AB 1103 Update: California Energy Commission Sets Schedule for Non-Residential Building Energy Use Disclosures,Mintz Levin Green Building Newsletter (03.2013)
• Co-author,Aryeh V. Canon: Impact on Calif.'s Unfair Competition Law,Law360 (02.15.2013)
• Co-author,California Supreme Court Gives California's Unfair Competition Law More Coverage,Litigation Alert (02.11.2013)
|Reported Cases||Representative Matters: Represented an investor and developer of office and technology facilities in the acquisitions and financings of rentable office and technology spaces in the western United States; Represented a private real estate fund in the leasing of office and industrial parks nationwide; Represented a health care company in its acquisition and leasing of health care facilities; Represented a petroleum refiner and marketer in the acquisition of a multi-billion dollar oil and gas refinery and distribution system; Represented a telecommunications company in numerous leases, licenses, acquisitions, dispositions and facility developments; Represented a buyer/borrower in its $500 million acquisition and financing of approximately 200,000 acres of forest land in Northern California out of bankruptcy through the negotiation of an acquisition credit facility; Represented an owner and operator in its $650 million acquisition and financing of nearly 600 retail marketing assets; Represented a financial services investor in its formation and entry into a joint venture for the construction, development and operation of two branded hotels, two restaurants, and an office complex in Atlanta, Georgia;|
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Implications of the New California LLC Act
Brandon E. Barker,Elizabeth Willes, June 17, 2014
On January 1, 2014, a new law governing limited liability companies (“LLCs”) went into effect in California. The California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (“RULLCA”) superseded in its entirety the prior limited liability company act in California, the...
|Profile Visibility |
|#2,969 in weekly profile views out of 29,989 lawyers in Los Angeles, California|
|#140,963 in weekly profile views out of 1,537,162 total lawyers Overall|