Mr. Wise emphasizes a full range of admiralty matters in his practice. He represents clients in state and federal court in litigation concerning maritime, tort and general contract matters.
His experience includes disputes involving cargo claims, offshore drilling, personal injury, vessel collisions, vessel construction and repair litigation, drilling and completion accidents and well blowouts.
He has handled cases involving reservoir damage, insurance, casualty, pipeline accidents and other oilfield tort claims, as well as toxic tort, aviation and products liability defense matters in the admiralty context.
After graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy, Mr. Wise served on active duty for seven years as a submariner in the U.S. Navy. He is a Captain in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
Honors & Affiliations:
· New Orleans, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations - Member
· Law Clerk to the Honorable Charles Schwartz, Jr., Judge, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 1996 - 1997
· U.S. Navy - Lieutenant, 1986 - 1993
· U.S. Navy Reserve, Captain, 1994 - present
· Loyola Law School in New Orleans - Adjunct Professor, 2008 - present
· "The Protection and Indemnity and Hull Insurance Policies," Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association River and Marine Industry Seminar, September 2003
· "Comment, Vessel Classification and the Work Platform Exception," 70 Tul. L. Rev. 691 (1995)