Brian Eviston concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law, commerical law, landlord-tenant law, and complex corporate and...
• Successfully represented minority Shareholders in a breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract case adverse to a large international organization who was the majority Shareholder in the company. The case settled upon favorable terms for the Plaintiffs prior to trial.
• Successfully represented a large commercial landlord and property management company in a breach of contract action initiated by a tenant who performed a lease audit and measured the rentable square feet of the leased premises using the BOMA method of measurement. The case was tried and our client received a complete dismissal of the Plaintiff’s claims.
• Successfully negotiated the sale of a member’s 50% interest in a small, closely held business to the other member.
• Successfully restructured the existing debt and secured a line of credit loan for a medium sized, family-owned business that had experienced a decrease in revenues.
• Successfully represented the Plaintiff, who was a partner in a joint venture with another corporation. The case was tried and our client received a favorable verdict, which was affirmed by the Court of Appeals.
• Successfully represented the Plaintiff, who was a minority Shareholder in a large national organization. The case was settled upon favorable terms to the Plaintiff prior to the commencement of trial.
Areas of Concentration
• Commercial Banking
• Real Estate
• Landlord / Tenant
• Kentucky Bar Association
• Northern Kentucky Bar Association
• The Big Idea, Support Network Volunteer
• Newport Central Catholic Family Fireworks Festival Committee, Chairman
• St. Joseph Parish Festival, Volunteer
• Run Like Hell for Cystic Fibrosis, Volunteer, 2004-2010
• Newport Central Catholic Mock Trial Team, Coach, 2007-2008
Honors & Recognition
Leadership Northern Kentucky, 2013-2014
Northern Kentucky Bar Foundation Scholar, 2001
Wall Street Journal Award Recipient, 2000
National Football Foundation Academic All-American, 1999
Burger King Scholar Athlete Award, 1999
Construction / Residential Home Builders
Insurance / Property & Casualty
Insurance / Title
Insurance / Workers’ Compensation
Oil / Gas (Equipment & Services)
Real Estate / Commercial
Real Estate / Residential