- Employment Discrimination
|University ||Marquette University College of Journalism, B.A., Journalism, 1986; University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Graduate School, M.A., Communication, 1990|
|Law School||Marquette University Law School, J.D., 2003 Member, Intellectual Property Law Review and the Sports Law Review|
|Admitted||2003, Wisconsin and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin; 2008, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois; 2009, U.S. District Court, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois|
Brian G. Nuedling is an Associate in the Milwaukee office of Jackson Lewis LLP. Mr. Nuedling concentrates his practice in the defense of employment discrimination claims before state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies. He also advises clients on workplace management issues, including employee attendance policies, reductions in force, and wage and hour compliance. He has assisted clients who have successfully defended actions brought before state courts of appeal.
Mr. Nuedling is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the American Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before all courts in Wisconsin, and well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the American Bar Association's Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal.
Mr. Nuedling provided counsel to clients in the following recent matters:
· June 2010: Client successfully defends a claim of race discrimination brought by the client's job applicant in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
· June 2010: Client sucessfully defends a claim of national origin discrimination brought by the client's former employee before the Wisconsin Division of Equal Rights.
· March 2010: Client is granted dismissal, by the Indianapolis District Office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, of a claim of wrongful termination brought by the client's former employee.
· July 2009: Client is granted summary judgment, by the Superior Court of Marion County, Indiana, on all counts alleging breach of an oral contract brought by the client's former management employee. Client successfully defends the ruling before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
· February 2009: Client is granted a finding of no probable cause by the Wisconsin Division of Equal Rights, dismissing a claim of race and gender discrimination brought by the client's former employee. Client successfully defends the ruling on appeal before the Wisconsin Labor and Industry Review Commission.
· May 2008: Client is granted specific performance by the Circuit Court for Walworth County, Wisconsin, enforcing the client's written contract. Client successfully defends the ruling before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
Mr. Nuedling received a bachelor's degree in journalism from Marquette University and a master's degree in communication from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He received his J.D. from Marquette University Law School, where he was a member of the Intellectual Property Law Review and the Sports Law Review. He received a Certificate in Sports Law from Marquette University Law School.
Bar & Professional Association Memberships
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Wisconsin State Bar
|Reported Cases||Devine v. Notter, 753 N.W.2d 557 (WI Ct. App. 2008).|
|Profile Visibility |
|#39 in weekly profile views out of 448 lawyers in Waukesha, Wisconsin|
|#148,352 in weekly profile views out of 1,482,292 total lawyers Overall|