Brian Molloy, a shareholder, is managing partner of the law firm and co-chair of the Appellate Practice Group. Prior to becoming managing partner, he was Chair of the Commercial Litigation Group. He has years of experience as lead counsel in trials in several jurisdictions, and has extensive appellate experience in the state and federal courts.
Mr. Molloy is also president of a wholly-owned subsidiary of the law firm providing sports management services to professional baseball athletes.
In his community, Mr. Molloy served on the Westfield Zoning Board of Adjustment, president and trustee of the Westfield College Men's Club, trustee of the Westfield High School Boosters Association, and coached soccer and baseball teams for his two children.
Area of Emphasis
Complex commercial litigation in both the State and Federal Courts; Defense of law firms in professional malpractice cases; Emergent applications for temporary restraining orders; Litigation involving claims under the Lanham Act regarding false advertising and unfair business practices; Unfair competition claims; Casino Law; Attorney Disciplinary Proceedings
• Appellate Docket - Fall 2008
• Chancery Division Jurisdiction and Case Management Procedures
• Legal Fees Under New Jersey's Open Public Records Act
• Pleading Your Case: A Practical Guide to New Jersey Civil Practice Requirements
“Legal Fees Under New Jersey's Open Public Records Act: A Guide to a Prevailing Party's Right to Recovery,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, February 2012; “Chancery Division Jurisdiction and Case Management Procedures,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, December 1994; “Pleading Your Case: A Practical Guide to New Jersey Civil Practice Requirements,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, April 1993.
• fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
• Certified, Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey
• fellow, American Bar Association
• Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2002-2015 and currently is listed in the practice areas of Bet-the-CompanyLitigation,Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants, and Appellate Practice
• Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers 2005-2015
• Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2015, Litigation: General Commercial.
• Recipient of Middlesex County Bar Association's Chancery Practice Award. (2013)
• “AV” Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating
• Former Chair of Ethics Committee
• Appointed Special Ethics Master by Supreme Court of New Jersey.