Mr. Daucher specializes in business litigation with emphasis on contract, health care, and intellectual property disputes. Mr. Daucher has represented clients in a wide range of industries including technology, consumer products, fiduciary and banking services, food and alcohol, health care, and energy.
· Successfully challenged validity of Federal hospice cap regulation (in more than 10 district courts and before 2 courts of appeals), won suspension and replacement of regulation, and set aside of cap repayment demands in excess of $75 million.
· Won $6.4 million jury verdict against Cisco Systems for breach of deal registration and wrongful termination of reseller, including judicial invalidation of key Cisco reseller agreement clauses (2008).
· Won $16 million jury verdict against commercial institution for fraud (2006).
· Defeated claim of constructive trust over undeveloped land valued in excess of $20 million (bench trial 2006).
· Defeated trustee petition to confirm extraordinary compensation of $45 million to trustee and affiliates (bench trial 2005).
· Martindale Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rated
· Southern California Super Lawyer, 2010-2013
· Chair, Orange County Bar Association Judiciary Committee
· Board Member, Orange County Bar Foundation
· Chair, Irvine Unified School District, Finance Committee
· Board Member, Intervention Center for Early Childhood
· "Elect thet Proportional Method," Caring, September 2011
· "Who Protects the Intellectual Property of your Business?" April 10, 2006
· "Bankruptcy Considerations In Intellectual Property Licensing - Concerning The Unthinkable," March 4, 2005
Hospice Law Blog Articles
· "Hospice Face 2 Face Audit Update," October 14, 2013
· "A Review of CMS' Approach to $125 Million Recoupment of Payments to Providers for Services to Incarcerated / Unlawfully Present Beneficiaries," August 5, 2013
· "Hospice Cap Calculation Update," August 2, 2013
· "Hospice Cap: Past, Present, and Future," May 10, 2013
· "ZPIC/RAC Audits - What You Need To Know," February 26, 2013
· Presenter: Hospice and Home Health Litigation, given before the American Health Lawyers Association Annual Meeting for Long Term Care and the Law Conference, Phoenix, Arizona (2012)
· Speaker: Recent Development in Hospice Litigation, given to American Health Lawyers Association (2011)
· Speaker: Mitigating Operating Risk In Channel, given to Channel Focus Working Group (2010)
· Panelist: Deconstructing the Agent Agreement, given at the Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Las Vegas (2009)
· Presenter: Litigation E-Discovery: What You Need To Know Before Litigation, given before the Dartmouth Lawyers Association (2006)
· Panelist: Bankruptcy Considerations in Intellectual Property Licensing: Concerning The Unthinkable, before the Orange County Patent Law Association (2005)
· Panelist: Advertising in the Outfield: Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions, given before the American Corporate Counsel Association, Southern California Chapter (2003)
· What Happens If You Get Sued - Litigation Basics, December 15, 2011, Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar